Little Giant 13-Foot Ladder with Wheels & Paper Towel Holder

This brings to mind a video that can serve as a word of warning to any purchasers - always double check that it’s locked in place. Or else you may embarrass yourself on television

Love my little giant ladder I got from woot a few years ago. Mine doesn’t have wheels so a little jealous.

Since one of the biggest compaints on these are the weight, this is a great addition. That being said most people forget your actually getting 2 ladders with this, so the additional heft is more than justified.

A must buy if you don’t already have one.

I have both the 17’ and this one. This is by far the more versatile and useful ladder. Sure, it’s not as big, but it’s just light enough to be handled, and moved around without breaking windows and knocking over lamps. 13’ is plenty long for most tasks too, and collapsed it’s small enough to stick in a closet for easy access. There really isn’t a better utility ladder out there. Everyone should have one of these.

250lb ladders are made for girlie men. Don’t forget that the stuff you have hanging on the ladder or are carrying up the ladder weigh something too. Very easy for some one to have 50 lbs of stuff… And who wants to be right at the limit standing ten feet above the ground?

A while back ago they had the 15 footer for $130. It didn’t have the towel holder and wheels though. I bought that one and use it constantly. Little Giants are great ladders. I’d probably buy this if I needed it, but the no wheeled, none towel dispensing, 2 foot taller one will suffice. Also, I’ve had well over 300 pounds of human and supplies on it (there’s probably a better way to word that, but oh well) and it help up fine.

I got mine before they outsourced this to China. Anyone know if the quality has deteriorated? The welds on mine weren’t perfectly clean either, but they are quality.

Costco comment re. China build quality concern:
http://reviews.costco.com/2070/11263001/little-giant-little-giant-megalite-m17-type-1a-aluminum-ladder-reviews/reviews.htm

Bought two 15’ LG ladders in 2009 Woot to re-side my garage. Used them in “A” configuration & extended. Felt very stable & safe on uneven ground. Easy to flip back & forth, once I got the hang of it. Can adjust height for both configs. Used with plank across the "A"s - very stable. Heavier than cheapest flimsy ladders; lighter than pro extension ladder. 2 years, no rust, perfect condition. I’d buy again, but not the 13’ for my needs.

I bought this exact model, including paper towel holder, a month ago at my local Sam’s Club for $130. I’ve only used it a couple times but it’s been great so far. Lightweight, easy to figure out without reading the instructions, and feels quite sturdy when fully extended.

Doesn’t make any sense. The one at QVC is the exact same ladder as per specs. Here it’s called a 13’ there it’s called a 15’. Here it says it comes with the work platform, but it isn’t listed in the “what’s inside the box”.

Does it paint for you?

Seems too expensive. Almost ordered one two years ago, was the 15-Foot version but still 250lbs.

Was $129.99

Wow, that is the post of the day for sure! lmao

I must admit these are HILARIOUS

This is exactly what I thought when I saw this ladder. I was wasting time at work yesterday watching epic fails.

This isn’t the Little Giant, but an equally funny ladder fail on live tv.

I bought a LG ladder over 10 years ago from my State Fair after a personal demonstration where I was asked to climb up to the 5th rung and stand on the painting platform, and then three others where asked to join me on the ladder as well. One directly across from me on another platform, and two more on the second rung on each side. The demonstrator then jumped up and grabbed the top two rungs and hung from the inside. 17 foot ladder in A-Frame configuration extended to about 7 feet off the ground holding 5 people which conservatively weighed at least 1000 pounds. We were all told to move around a bit while still on the ladder and see how stable it felt.

BTW, this was the class II ladder rated at 250 pounds. That demonstration was what sold me on my LG ladder. And, it is still in the same condition as when I bought it - even using it frequently!

So here’s the thing - everyone else sells this ladder as a 15’ ladder even though it isn’t 15 feet tall. It is 13 feet tall and in the ladder industry, they add two feet for how high you are supposed to be able to reach when you stand near the top of the ladder. We think it’s odd to add 2 feet onto the height of the ladder for what is essentially your arm’s reach so we call it a 13’ ladder.

Confusing? Yes. But we just can’t get our heads around selling you a 13’ ladder labeled as a 15’ ladder.

Uhhh… I was really confused when I first saw the picture because I thought that was toilet paper hanging on it. Paper towels make much more sense.

Thanks for this clarification!

Can you also clarify the other point of confusion in the listing. Says in two spots that it has a “work platform”, yet it’s not in any pictures nor is it listed as “what’s in the box”.

Thanks much!

Cheaper at lowes/HD. HD has one for $114 w/ free shipping right now.

I bought mine on sale at lowes for less than $100. And since it collapses, it fit nicely in the trunk of my volkswagen.

No paper towel holder though.