Little Giant 15 Foot Ladder System

how likely is this to slip under a 200 pound man when it’s on mud???

Here is a safety warning:

Sorry, thought my other post’s link didn’t work.

pish posh. I can tell you from personal experience that the 15 footer can hold more than 250 pounds. It’e extruded aluminum with tiny ribs all over the place for structure…that rating is a CYA limit to prevent lawsuits.

…not that I was packing that many doughnuts in my pocket or anything.

disclaimer: if you pack more than the weight limit, you do so at your own risk. Just because I abuse Little Giants doesn’t mean you should…and I’m technically nuts for doing it myself.

Good price. Best ladder you’ll ever own. I own the 26-foot version; this will make a nice 7 footer, for starters.

Here’s a quick demonstration of the ladder in action: helpful ladder demo

29 pounds seems really heavy for a ladder. And what am I going to do with a ladder in an apartment anyways?

Now, keep in mind this isn’t advised, but to give you an idea of how much weight this can support it held both my buddy and I each around 180 lbs with paint. Both of us just used this one ladder to paint a couple of houses and we were on it in both configurations. I don’t know why some people are saying it can be unstable and what not, but this is just my experience with one of them. Also, it is important to note that the angle you position ladders and where it is resting on the house can have a big impact on any ladder’s stability.

It’s a sturdy ladder. That’ll do giant…that’ll do.

depends on where the camera is placed.

I agree with you on the point that its less money, but I’d be willing to be that menards ladder doesnt have a lifetime warranty, such as the one from Little Giant. The customer service is excellent, and the warranty is hassle free.

Seen similar models that can do much more for a lot less weight. I would caution buyers to compare on this w00t before buying.

Do NOT try to get your child, girlfriend (real or otherwise) the moon with this ladder. Despite what the illustrations in Eric Carle’s book show, you will only end up in the hospital trying to explain to an ER nurse WHY exactly you were atop five little giants duct taped together-then try convincing her that you were not on any type of drugs.

I own one of these and love it - multiple contractors have worked on my house and been jealous of it. We have high ceilings, and a tall garage space, so being able to adjust it on the fly has been terrific.

I echo the comments about it being heavy - this thing is a far cry from the little step ladder it replaced at my house. But it is worth it.

Tru Dat.
These are awesome ladders and will generally get you where you need to be, but the versatility of Little Giants come with a hefty weight price.
They aren’t regular fiberglass rail ladders, but I couldn’t live without mine.

Better slip test video:

Great product - very sturdy and adaptable. I have had the Model 26 for the last 8 years and love it. The big ones are a little more difficult to move around, but with the wheels you can roll it, rather than having to carry it. If you need them, you can get wheels for this smaller version, too.

If you have a solid surface to roll on, the wheels do remove most of the weight. I don’t have any fancy equipment to measure the difference, but I can tell from carrying mine around the yard vs. rolling it in the driveway the wheels remove at least half the effort. The only problem is that you have to roll it at a steep angle.

Here’s a little reminder of the fun you can have with these things.
Hear that thud? Mmm, brain injury.

Little Giants are fantastic ladders. Yes, they are a pain in the butt and heavier than any ladder you’d want to drag around by yourself. However, working as a lighting person in theatre, these things can be great for getting around different spaces and set pieces.

Note, since the ladder has adjustable height, you can use it a lot more easily on uneven ground. One side of the ladder can be at the third height mark, and the other at the second, and BAM, you’ve got yourself a ladder that will deal with stairs (to a degree).

And once you get used to using the ladder and dealing with the weight, you pretty much forget about it and tend to marvel at its usefulness.

Great ladder for the price. I have had one for about 3 years and love it. It works great on stairs or other uneven services with some of the available options. It is also perfect for those that only need a ladder every so often and are limited on space. Our first home was a townhome and it fit perfectly under the stairs in our Harry Potter closet. The only downside is that it’s scarier then heck when fully extended. I washed the second story windows of my house and the ladder wobbles back and forth on its hinge and it’s freaky. But it is a solid ladder. I trust it and would recommend it over the knock offs. I got this same model from Hal Wing (the old guy in the infomercials) when I visited the factory in springville, ut. I would buy one, this is a great price

I’ve had this ladder for over 3 years, and leave it out on the deck, in the rain, thru a couple hurricanes… it’s still perfect.
As for it’s weight – I weigh under 100 lbs, and almost 5’ tall - and I can handle it alone, with a bit of puffing.
This is a GREAT price! I’d jump on it if I didn’t have one already -
(I’d even jump off it!) It is seriously sturdy, stable, and the different configurations are awesome!
5 thumbs up! —