Little Giant Alta One Ladder - Two Sizes

I have one too. A wheel kit would be lovely because they ARE heavy!!. Very heavy. I was surprised at how heavy. Also nice is to get two platforms not one. One for extended standing on and one to put stuff on. Mind you having one you stand on you have to step around it to get up on it but it is very comfortable to stand on it.

Also would it be possible for WOOT to offer the wheel kit separately for those of us who already have the ladder but no wheel kit? I didn’t even realize it could be bought separately.

If you buy two ladders, you do not need brackets and you get set your pick even higher.

I built a very large garage with two of these and between the pick, and the men, and the lumber, we easily had over 800 pounds on the two ladders. I do have the heavier ones.

My wife does not like the handling weight of the Little Giants, but she is happy to use them when I set them up.

For at least the older ones, you can also get foot extensions that allow the ladder to accomodate grade changes and still function as a step laddder parallel to a wall. Uh, these do add even more weight.

I bought the 17 foot version with wheels and work platform when it was offered last time. Do yourself a favor and BUY one. While the ladder is a bit on the heavy side, it’s well constructed and versatile. Easy to use, though the work platform is a bit confusing at first. Can’t beat the Woot shipping charge either.

It appears that both of these come with the wheels and the platform. Is that correct? I saw other comments stating that you would need to buy the wheels separately.

Yep, it’s a big chunk o’ change, but this is really a solid deal. Can’t find a better price, especially with the included extras, anywhere right now.

I think I may be (up and) down for one of these.

Sure wish Woot! was offering some Little Giant accessories as well, though. Maybe even just a couple of the Essential Accessory packs would be awesome. . . hint hint

That looks like a higher-rated ladder, but just noting that it doesn’t appear come with the work platform or wheel kit.

You are indeed correct! Wheels & platform come with both models.

anyone know how this compares to the Little Giant Velocity 17’ i have on backorder for $159?

Did some price research on this (only for the 15 foot version)-

Note: “wing Enterprises” = Little Giant ladder, it’s just the name of the company that makes them.

Note pt 2: I added in shipping costs for this. Maybe the shipping costs will be different to where you are.

Costco -
Total price after shipping - $231

sears - labeled as “wing enterprises”
224.54 without tax
http://www.sears.com/wing-enterprises-inc-wing-enterprises-inc-17’/p-SPM2697955702

BJ’s -
http://www.bjs.com/little-giant-classic-type-ia-15-aluminum-ladder-system.product.40772?dimId=

Home Depot -

Rakuten (??) -
227.69 (free shipping)
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/little-giant-alta-one-17-ft-aluminum-ladder/211978689.html?listingId=337944635&scid=pla_google_Zoro&adid=18172&gclid=CKmficqa4L0CFSdn7AodVXAAJw

Northern tool -
245.98 total price
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200479972_200479972?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Construction-_-Ladders%20%2B%20Stepstools-_-20892&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=20892&gclid=CLr7po-b4L0CFSho7AodiBwAgA

As you can see, woot beats all of these prices by a good margin (Around $50 for even the best deal around the web).

Thank you.

Excellent ladder, easy to use all the different functions. Very sturdy as extension ladder or in a-frame shape. Writing this review just to help folks not hesitate to buy it. Either size at these prices is a great deal.

Best I can tell is the way you extend it. This one has the old version U-shaped things you pull out. The Home Depot one (which I also had backordered) used the newer push-button system. Slightly more convenient, but HD couldn’t tell me how long it’d take to get mine. Just cnx’d that & ordered this instead.

The weight of these bad boys doesn’t bother me. I routinely lug 18-27 lb bags of dog kibble, one under each arm, so even the Alta LG 22 should be easy to manage.[list]Utility comparison:
Senior Plus Large Iams Pro
[]35+ lbs
[
]Unwieldy
[]Single-use
[
]No wheels

Little Giant Alta One M-22
[]40(ish) lbs
[
]Compactible
[]Multi-use
[
]Wheels
[/list]
Also note: to change a light bulb, I need just one Little Giant (approx. $200 on Woot!), and I can change as many light bulbs as I want to. The same task completed using Iams Pro would take approx. 12 bags stacked (between $220-$240 minimum) - and once the dogs are fed, there goes my stepladder. Just FYI.

Best damn ladder on the market! Will last literally a life time. Dad bought his in the 80’s. Still perfect. HIGHLY recommended!

Anyone know how tall is the bigger ladder in A-frame set up? I currently have a ladder and it’s not tall enough reach some of the places in the house. Thank you advance.

I own the 22’ and find it to be just what I expected…great! Sorry I didn’t wrote this post earlier but just had other pressing things to do today.

About 20 years ago, maybe a little longer, my friend Marty was painting his house when the ladder slipped and fell off to the side. Unfortunately, he had no choice but to ride the ladder down. While he landed on a large and thick bush, the fall was severe enough to do damage to his spine. Marty never walked again and passed away about 5 years ago.

He was using one of those aluminum extension ladders with little if any safety features. I made a promise to myself never to buy one of those ladders…not ever! I have since bought my first 22’ ladder (same as shown here) about 4 years ago. I actually feel safe on this ladder and it’s the ONLY ladder I feel safe on. In spite of feeling safe, I still get someone to hold the ladder for me.

I used one of these to work on my boat, rubbing out and waxing, I never felt a better working platform next to terra firma…I said if woot ever sells them I will buy one…three days later you have them…WOW…wishes do come true… Can’t wait to get mine… This is a must have item…

It’s worth noting that the work platform will typically cost you an extra $30 and the wheels will typically cost you an extra $25.

Both of these being sold here come with the work platform and the wheels. So, when doing price comparisons, make sure to tack on an extra $55 to the alternative if it doesn’t come with the work platform and the wheels.

I cancelled my Home Depot order for a 22 footer as well. The couldn’t give me any idea when it would be off backorder, so Woot was timely in this offer.

One thing I notice, is the Velocity model (from Home Depot) needs an extra pair of brackets (about $40) to make the 2nd A-frame for use as a scaffold. This model according to the video uses the locking arms to make the 2nd A-frame saving the cost of the extra brackets as well. Yay!

Just ordered one, perfect timing Woot, I just bought a new house. This will come in handy for all the diy projects I have lined up. Haven’t been this excited for a Woot in a while.

On another note of saftey, I work as an engineer in the pharmaceutical industry. Safety is a huge concern and ladder safety is something that is trained on annually. Its no joke, tragic things can happen if you do not give ladders their due respect.