Little Giant AltaOne 17 Ladder

I guess this is the corporate ladder that you have to climb.

Is this the 1A version of the same size ladder? (Heavier duty, same size, $20 more)?
http://www.costco.com/Little-Giant®-MegaLite™-Multi-purpose-Ladder-with-Wheels.product.11681334.html

I guess the downside there is you need a membership ~$50/yr, and have to pay cash/debit.

Lose some weight, tools don’t weigh THAT much!

I have looked at the Werners Home Depot, the little Giant at Costco and Harbor Freights version and ended up buying two Harbor freights each under $100 with 20% coupon you can find almost anywhere. http://www.harborfreight.com/17-ft-type-1a-multi-task-ladder-67646.html

Just looked on their site they have a 20% off coupon you can print. Ladder would come to $114.

Harbor freights ladder have wide rungs can hold over 300lbs and overall is more solid and beefy than the name brands. However it is heavier but that is its only downfall.

I love these ladders replaced my wooden tripod ladder and cheap aluminum extension ladder.

I personally would hold off and check out HF ladder first if you have one in town. Here in the Seattle/Tacoma area we have 4 within 10 miles of eachother.

Yes some of there tools are garbage but the ladders sure are not!

They recommend using Pledge brand furniture polish to lubricate the locking mechanisms.
I have the older model and it is very heavy.

It’s true that this ladder is rated “only” Type 1 and Costco’s is 1A, but woot’s deal includes the work platform, which is $29.99 on amazon. This ladder is also two pounds lighter than the 1A version at Costco. [Although Costco does accept American Express, so does woot. :)]

My ladyfriend has had two of these types of ladders, one Little Giant and one somebody else, and this is by far the better one. The other one wasn’t as stable (no spread legs), had severe pinching problems when opening/closing the sections, and didn’t have wheels. I hated to use her other one but don’t mind this one. However, plan for some setup time and space requirements each use, best used outdoors. The ladder swings out so you need to have a full arc of space to open it if you’re using it as an extension ladder.

I purchased a Little Giant on a prior Woot offering. I use it in my office for all needs when I need a ladder. It is solid and stable. The Woot price is a favorable price for those who need a utility ladder. The wheels and platform on this offering make this deal even better.

So if it were easier to change configurations you’d spend lots more time laddering??

0_o

I’ve used this exact ladder a few times, and love it. We have little Giants (the 1A’s) at work, and literally slide them around, throw them, and use them all the time, and have no issues. The only thing with Little Giants, is “every so often” you need to lube the latch mechanisms. You can use CLP, or just about any other lubricant though I recommend using a very small amount, and not a spray like WD-40. “Every so often” depends on how often you use the ladder.

I have owned a little giant for 10+ years and highly recommend. Very sturdy comfortable and compact.

No offense, guys, but this site has gone to #@$#. I’m seriously considering cutting Woot from my normal morning internet browsing. I mean, a ladder? Put this stuff in Woot Home. Isn’t that why you created 40 billion sub-Woots?

This is not the newest version of the ladder.

The newest version has a much easier height adjustment lever.

These old style pull and twist aren’t as nice.

I got the step ladder version for about the same price here on WOOT a couple months ago. For my purposes that was best for me but this one does a good job as a step ladder but also has the ability to be an extension ladder at the same time. I found the quality to be very high and I expect years of use with no issues out of it. Also, the price here on WOOT is better than I have been able to find elsewhere. For this price point, I do not think you could go wrong and if I did not already own a little giant, I would be taking this offer here on WOOT. I disagree with some that are complaining about WOOT selecting this item to put up for sale. It is a great product that many could use and it is priced right. If you have the need I recommend this ladder and at this price.

These are great sturdy ladders. Maybe a bit heavier than some others, but well worth the solid feel when you are up there. The platform is amazing. Woot is showing it as a tool platform. You can also use it as a work platform. You won’t believe how much difference there is between standing on a latter rung and on the platform until you try it. Check the Little Giant site for photos. they fold up compactly for storage or transport. I have Models 26 and 17. Love em both.

I’m interested in picking up one of these for my parents, but I’m concerned about the maximum standing height for the A-Frame configuration. According to the specs, this ladder will reach 7’ as an A-Frame. Is this the maximum standing height or will that be a couple of steps lower? Ultimately, I’m trying to figure out if it would be possible to paint a 12’ ceiling with this configured as an A-Frame. Anyone able to shed some light?

Anyone know if Crapbeard’s Treasure quesst is still going on?

This is the low end of the three and not the one shown in the infomercials.
Having said that, it is still a good buy but know the options.

Hands down the best ladder I’ve ever owned. I tip the scale at 280 and this ladder is rock solid. Love that it collapses for storage. It is heavy for a step ladder but it is ALSO a 17’ extension ladder! OF course it is heavy, and it is built to last.

At the shortest step ladder configuration standing on the very top is comfortable and steady, I do it all the time for accessing the shelves in my garage.

IF you have ever thought of getting one don’t hesitate anymore. That video on youtube about them popping out is garbage, don’t be a douche and you’ll be fine.

LOL. Nope, but that won’t prevent you from finding all the pieces, there just won’t be any crap at the end of the tunnel. But that was true for most crap hunters. I had the solution in about 15 seconds after the piece was releases and I was not quick enough to score crap.