Little Giant Select Step 5-8' Ladder

Yes, I have used it and it can be used in an A frame configuration

These ladders are awesome. I bought one for our Church and we just love it. It is very versatile and the older people feel comfortable on it.
This is also a much better price than what I paid…

Long time Wooster first time posting. I must say this is a great product that delivers. Definitely a value added product. I got this ladder last time it was on woot. After much hesitation i finally pulled the trigger and got it. I definitely think it was worth every penny. Of course your everyday $50 ladder will work too. But for the speed and ease I have with it over the long run will out weigh saving $100 over the next 10-20 years on a cheaper ladder. I feel this way even if I never extended it’s height past 6’.

From the product page links above

Manual:
http://littlegiantladders.com/media/downloads/2/Select%20Step%20Operational%20Manual%20Web%20copy%2006{2}14{2}10%20(ID%2016741).pdf

Warranty:
http://littlegiantladders.com/media/downloads/72/Lifetime%20Warranty%20v3%206%2012.pdf

The best froogle price is $179 on the subpage here

We bought one last time this came up.

Use it all the time…it’s awesome buy it.

Wanted to paint the hallway with our stairs…could never figure out how to rig up a system to edge the corners…w/ the Little Giant…zero problem.

Great ladder made very well, easy to use, buy it, you won’t be sorry.

Bought this last time on woot,just picked another one for my son. Well made, very stable, takes the place of 2 different size ladders.Don’t wait, don’t hesitate, woot on!

Oh well, so much for sleep. Here’s the previous woot people are mentioning:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5025675

Good night. Hope this helps.

Excellent for when you need to make difficult plays, like the annexation of Puerto Rico

I’d say this one is a bit small, but probably great for indoor and lower outdoor jobs.

I have a larger one, while heavy, is by far the best ladder I’ve ever owned. Basically, getting 2 ladders for the price of one, and amazingly versatile. It’s the iPad of ladders :slight_smile:

I have one which I bought here. If you are in the market for a 5ft stepladder for common house type needs, having the added flexibility of going few feet more in reach really adds a nice dimension to the ability to work with what you have without having to drag out another ladder. This ladder is very stable, even when using the upper supports/ steps. My one critique/complaint, it came rather scuffed up for new and still had some residue from a parts wash from the factory that made these.

If you need a high quality ladder, this is it… I have two of them, one small, one tall. They are EXTREMELY well built, stable, strong, etc… You can feel comfortable climbing to the top, and you’ll notice that the front and back are the same, so you can climb up either side, or one person on each side… If there’s ANYTHING bad I could say about the ladder it would be that it’s heavy because of how sturdy it is, so if you had to carry it a long way, and didn’t need a heavy duty ladder, then I’d get something more flimsy, but for myself, this is the only ladder I’ll buy…

I bought one last time it was offered and we love it.
My recommendation is to check it out thoroughly upon its arrival. For some squirrelly reason, I received a used ladder (complete with scratches, staining & mud). After a bit of back & forth with the weekend C/S, woot put me in touch with the Little Giant folks who arranged for pick up of the first ladder and delivery of a new replacement in less than a week.

Once you figure out how it operates, it’s a sturdy and stable. I really hate ladders, but this one makes me feel semi-safe.

@Charvelguy: it might not have been new. That’s what I thought about mine for a minute until I found all the rest of the scuffs, scratches, white residue down the side and the caked mud/dirt on the orange rubber feet.

@LaVikinga - That’s VERY interesting to know! Thank you for posting that because I definitely took ALOT of pics and sent it to Woot wondering if I got a reconditioned ladder (which, it wasn’t being sold as) In fact, I did set up and RMA but didn’t act upon it. I’ve used the ladder a two times over the past 2 months and its still within 60 day range but now that you mention this, I strongly felt it wasn’t new. I was all set to drive to home depot to check out the display models and see if theirs had the same look. It sounds just like what I encountered sans mud.

All time best Woot written product description EVER! WOOT!!

Made in USA and you will pass this ladder down to your children and grandchildren in normal use.

I have one of these and I love it! I also have a regular Little Giant ladder, and between the two of them I have no need for any other ladder for indoors or out. The Little Giants are the best built, sturdiest, safest ladders you can buy, so you should grab this NOW.

I got one of these based on the amazon reviews and couldn’t be happier.

You will also notice it has perfect reviews on Home Depot as well. If you have any need what so ever for a ladder, buy one on woot at $149 instead of $200 in store.

Well it is the weekend in the summer, so all of those Illinois wooters are probably already up here.

I have been using this ladder commercially for more than a year now and I couldn’t be happier. Compact, relatively light, and happens to solve issues I never thought I would encounter. Need to work on stairs safely? No problem. Need to get against a wall straight on without ruining the fresh paint job by leaning the ladder against the wall unsafely? No problem.
Saw a few messages about it being expensive for a standard A frame ladder. Have you compared the prices lately. An 8 foot Werner fiberglass heavy duty ladder is going to set you back at least $120 on a good day. Throw in all of the unique scenarios you can’t get with a typical fiberglass ladder and the adjust-ability and this is a no brainer.

Feeling lonely?
Can’t find love?
Having a hard time finding the right one?

Well Buy this ladder cause you will love it!!!

I sure do.