Little Giant Velocity 22' Multi-Purpose Ladder

Awesome

2 Likes

Super ladder. Highly recommend.

1 Like

The Costco Little Giant Velocity has the ā€œRatchetā„¢ Leg Levelersā€ for those extra dollars, plus a much easier return policy.

I purchased the Little Giant MegaLite 17 Ladder from Costco on sale for less than $150 and have been very happy with it. I have been thinking of getting a taller one, and since I donā€™t need the leg levelers this just might fit the bill.

1 Like

Peach cobbler or lemon squares

1 Like

For the scaffolding you would set two of these up as the legs and put something across them to stand on? If so, what would you use to stand on?

I was thinking for Christmas lights

Totally worth the purchase. I got this when i bought my house 8 yesrs ago and it has served me extremely well. All the functions still function, gets me on and off the roof safely, into the attic and anywhere else i need. Get the wall hanger attachment for storing it, it is fairly heavy, so you donā€™t want it just tipping over in the middle of the night.

1 Like

So how big is this thing when itā€™s all folded, like to store?

1 Like

Hi there - from what I can see on the Amazon listing itā€™s 5ā€™7" in height and 9" in depth when stored. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E1AQE46?th=1

1 Like

I have the original version of this (mine says 23ā€™ max) . One of my only As Seen on TV impulse purchases on a hungover Sunday morning maybe 15-20 years ago.

Pros: solid AF. Iā€™m 6ā€™4" and in the 250+ range and it doesnā€™t give a crap. Configuration options are awesome. I also have the leg leveler and a couple of the platforms that hang off the rungs. Flared top and base means itā€™s super stable even when pushing the limits of standing on the higher rungs.

Cons: heavy AF. Mrs. Gryhnd absolutely cannot haul it around on her own. Using it an extension presents some challenges over the usual ā€œpull the ropeā€ type due to the weight of this thing. You have to extend it on the ground first to your guesstimated height then walk it up into position. If youā€™re not tall enough or have enough strength to do that, you may need a helper to swing it up.

The cons donā€™t outweigh (pun intended) the pros though so long as you can work with it.

2 Likes

I have one and hate it. It is not as easy to use as they show in some of the videos. It is sturdy and solid, but too heavy and difficult to operate. Maybe better if you had another person to help.

Iā€™ve had a different manufacturer (Gorilla) of the same style ladder for 15+ years and love it. I think Little Giant is the original designer of this style and considered to be the best.
Yes, itā€™s heavy but also very sturdy.
Iā€™m a guy >6ft and can use it fully extended by laying flat, extending the sides, then propping the bottom end against some stairs/tree/etc. and walking the ladder upright from underneath. Then I carry it upright to wherever I need. The weight actually helps and makes it not so bad to balance in the air. Same idea in reverse when Iā€™m done. I admit, all that would be difficult (likely impossible) for my 5ā€™6" wife.
Great thing is this design lets you fold up and toss in a small truck bed or even a sedan and take anywhere. Also great to fold up and put away in a closet or corner of the garage.
For other higher jobs, I later bought a 32 ft Werner extension ladder thatā€™s much lighter for the length but not as versatile.

1 Like

Just got mine and it did not have the leg levelers. There seems to be a bit of play in the middle hinge. Also, the rungs are small and quickly make your feet sore if you need to stand on it for any length of time. Other than that seems to be a nice ladder.

Hi there. If you havenā€™t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please note: I donā€™t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)