Lock & Lock 36-Piece Storage Set

From a review:
“They’re still the same great containers (now BPA free!), but I noticed that the containers that are the same size (share the same sized lid) don’t nest. They just… stack. Not a HORRIBLE big deal, as you can create a sort of nesting system with the various sizes, but it would be more convenient to be able to nest same sized containers together.”

I think I’ll pass on this round. My stuff has to nest well - otherwise I don’t have room for it.

Thanks for the answers guys.

These are great storage containers, as has been said before. My only complaint is that they take up a huge amount of cupboard space because they do not nest.

Cheers,
Kernal

My first set of Lock & Lock is this set, except with red lids. I use it constantly and all of the tabs on the lids are going strong; none are cracked or show any signs of wear. I use the larger containers for pasta; they keep moisture/humidity out, much better than plastic bags. The smaller ones have a constant rotation of leftovers and they’re quite good at keeping food fresh for several days.

These appear to have clear lids - I bet they would be great for arts and crafts supplies.

I’ve been a Lock&Lock user for over 5 years and those same containers which get LOTS of use are holding up just fine. I know some have complained they’ve had problems, but of the more than 50 L&L containers I have I’ver never had a problem with the tabs breaking.

Just remember this is actually only a set of 18 not 36. 18 containers and 18 lids. To me when it says 36 piece set I think of lid and plastic bowl as one piece.

L&L spokesperson on QVC also suggests turning the lid upside down to prevent it from vacuum sealing. Since I’ve had some problems over the years with foods containing fats leaving the container pitted/marred when nuked, I do not microwave in any of them.

I also have the set with red lids from woot a while back. They are very sturdy, no leaks, and stand up to microwaving very well. I will say that I found the sizes/shapes very awkward and not well suited for my needs (making lunches mostly), but they are great for storing leftovers.

I’m going to whine now. I’ve been waiting forever for these to come up again because I want some sooo bad. However, after spending (a little) money during the wootoff, and $55 dollars tonight on Urgent Care (five year old has Type A flu) and meds, I’m flat broke. cries I really hope it won’t be too long before you sell these again. All I’ve seen in a long while are the glass ones.

Decision made, since these are plastic storage containers, and not the glass ones offered in a previous woot, I am out.

O darn you amazon! Just bought a 20 pc set for 30 dollars and return shipping is like 8 bucks…

Grrrrr

Meh, I want the ones they had a long while ago that had the handles on top. I love those!!!

only damaged top I’ve got was one that was in the freezer and got dropped. It wasn’t the seams that broke, but the top. I’ve had no other issues.

They are super sturdy, although there is one situation where the plastic tabs on the top can break - if they’re frozen and you drop them, they’ll be brittle enough to break. I’ve had a set for about a year and that’s the only way I’ve managed to damage one. They’re my favorite plastic food storage thingies in the world.

I am shocked that these are not sold out already… guess not many are locknlock site subscribers and got THE email!!!

I have two huge cabinets full… gifted plenty… and am not a ebay seller so…

I bought a few sets of the various L&L stuff here. Left a set at my brother’s house, so I have containers to take stuff home in. If he runs out, I’ll give him more.

steve

I need these so badly! It’s almost like you’re reading my mind Woot!

These are excellent containers for geocaches and letterboxes.

I got this set last time and I do like the containers. I often store leftover pasta sauce and this set is the first one that I haven’t had problems with staining.

Two problems - the nesting thing, that has been mentioned before, and there are too many of the small sizes! Maybe, I’ll take a set and gift the small ones to my kids…

I brought a set similar to this one last year to our family secret santa exchange and it was a huge hit. In for 2 more sets!