Lock & Lock 8pc Porcelain Container Set

Even if they were, it wouldn’t matter. PET is just as bad. Good luck dude!

If only it were for real…

why even have a lid then if it isn’t air tight & won’t even prevent leaks? can stack it easier in the fridge maybe?

So basically u want to buy a lexus for the price of toyota.

I do, too!! Frankly, I don’t care about the seals. We needed extra serving bowls and cereal bowls. And, they’re just enough bigger than a standard side bowl that they’re wonderful for salads. Besides I love the “feel” or texture of porcelain. Over the years I’ve gotten kind of tired of the stoneware, earthenware stuff.

I L-O-V-E these. We have Lock&Lock plastic containers as well as their heat proof glass containers. Both of those are airtight. These are NOT, but we use them more than the other containers. In fact, I love them so much that we have 20+ of them.

They are easier to clean than the plastic containers and look a lot more elegant than the transparent glass ones. These look like fine porcelain and are great for serving. And they are more resistant to temperature changes than glass. Many heatable glass, including Pyrex, may crack when there is sudden temperature changes from oven to cool counter). These won’t.

As for air tightness, you can make these airtight by simply put a piece of Saran wrap between the lids and the containers. If the wrap is thin, put two layers.

This is an amazing price. They are often $40+ on eBay.

Glad I caught this one in time.

Yes, these stack VERY well because the covers are harder and thicker than the plastic Lock&Locks. They don’t warp when heated in the microwave.

As for being airtight, it’s not necessaary if you’re just storing food for a few days. The lids prevent odors from mingling as well as food from drying out. And of course, it keeps dirt from falling on the food. You don’t need to be completely airtight to do that.

If you want to make them airtight, see my previous post.

Agreed. I use one as my daily bowl for eating. In fact, I often use this instead of a dish.

I believe so but it usually doesn’t matter since the lid rarely touches the food.

Holy fast shipping, Batman! I just got my order today!

I know right? super fast.