Lock & Lock BPA-Free Airtight Stackable 28-Piece Set

Particularly when the Axle F theme is playing.

What happened to the Slumberjack Emergency Cot? I’m sure I looked at 1:01 and it was there and now it’s plastic storage containers?

Now that they have stock, it’s not nearly as appealing a purchase. The charm of being the only one with a 19 million dollar plastic ware set has been lost.

$45.50 at the mother ship

As I clicked & scanned thru the photos connected to the Woot description at 1st I thought I saw food items in the containers, but then it started looking like office supplies in them.

Is this for food or NON-food items, or for both???

If for food, then are these microwave safe or not?

EDIT: I see in the description about them being stackable in the “cupboard, refrigerator and freezer” so I see they are for food.

Sellout woot: August 20, VERY popular (if you don’t get the hint, they sold out by morning)
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/b0f2390b-c0a1-4b2e-9bae-0ee1019afd17/lock-lock-bpa-free-airtight-stackable-28-piece-set

Woot off October 11, less helpful:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4665250

For more general comments about the company, similar woot for 18 piece in September from same company:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4618199&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=330#post4618208

I already own this set but i just bought another two. Yes Microwave Safe and Yes Dishwasher Safe!

Are these guys the ones that are glass and have plastic lids, or the ones that are all made out of plastic?

in for three and wishing i could buy more! this is a good deal (as usual). real lock & lock brand storage containers merit their sterling reputation–they are truly airtight and watertight; they work fantastically in the microwave, fridge, and freezer; they are BPA free; and they last for a long time. lock & locks are perfect for virtually any storage need. seriously. i can’t believe i’m writing so much about containers, but these are great…

The description says its microwave safe for reheating purposes only…not for cooking

Also, don’t lock the lids on while reheating unless you like to see food explosions in your microwave

These are great containers. I have owned a few of them in the past and always wanted a whole set, but they have gotten increasingly more difficult to find. The ones I have are marked freezer, dishwasher, and microwave safe.
Excellent for travel if your food might decide to turn upside-down in whatever bag or case it is in.

Tupperware, Tupperware, Tupperware!

There, I said it and I’m proud I did.

This are good for holding batteries, nuts, bolts, transistors, diodes, thumb drives, duct tape, and spare fingers for those days when you just can’t keep it all together.

|]    (evil robot smile)

Lock & Lock are Fantastic. Have had some over 10 years and they have never broken. Yes -Dishwasher & Microwave safe.

What does it mean it is microwave safe for reheating only?

In other words… don’t put it in the microwave for an hour to cook your pork tenderloin (Why you would do that in the first place is beyond me… but I suspect some wooters are guilty of it).

All Plastic

All plastic. That’s why it says BPA free.

i’ve never seen a lock & lock explode, but when i first started microwaving in them, i neglected to loosen the top of one and had it permanently seal itself together. bye-bye dinner and container! lesson learned… <=|

p.s. lock & locks really do work well in the microwave; just don’t use a lid when you reheat, or turn the lid upside down.

■Containers and lids are microwave safe (for reheating only)

These are for food items.

They are “microwave-safe”, but no plastic is completely safe at high temperature. Heat your items carefully and you should be fine. But any heat will accelerate plastic degradation.

Does BPA pose a risk to human health?

Safety assessments of bisphenol A (BPA) conclude that the potential human exposure to BPA from polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins is more than 400 times lower than the safe level of BPA set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. This minimal level of exposure to BPA poses no known risk to human health.

The use of polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins for food contact applications has been and continues to be recognized as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the European Commission’s Scientific Committee on Food, the United Kingdom Food Standards Agency, and other regulatory agencies worldwide.

Am I exposed to BPA from polycarbonate plastics?

Researchers from government agencies, academia, and industry worldwide have studied the potential for bisphenol A (BPA) to migrate from polycarbonate products into foods and beverages. These studies consistently show that the potential migration of BPA into food is extremely low, generally less than 5 parts per billion under conditions typical for uses of polycarbonate products. At this level, a consumer would have to ingest more than 1,300 pounds of food and beverages in contact with polycarbonate every day for an entire lifetime to exceed the safe level of BPA set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Consequently, human exposure to BPA from polycarbonate plastics is minimal and poses no known health risk.

The use of polycarbonate plastic for food contact applications continues to be recognized as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the European Commission Scientific Committee on Food, the United Kingdom Food Standards Agency, the Japan Ministry for Health and Welfare and other regulatory authorities worldwide.

…just as general info’s =)

Cheers!