"Login with Amazon" broken?

So, I’m thinking really hard about that 3D printer, and I see I can get free shipping if I log in with my Amazon account. Except, that doesn’t work. The window pops up, I enter my amazon credentials, and the window goes grey and does nothing more. I even tried logging in to Amazon separately with both my and my wife’s accounts, still no joy. A little help, please?

I had no issues

I’ve been having this issue on and off for months now. All this week it has been broken. So, I finally grabbed the javascript console error message.

Please Woot! Don’t dismiss this. Your token requests are being seen as cross-site-scripting attacks by Chrome and thus being denied. Here’s the error (with token info removed):

oa?appActionToken=&language=en_US&acknowledgementApproved=:265 Uncaught DOMException: Blocked a frame with origin “https://na.account.amazon.com” from accessing a cross-origin frame.
at x (https://na.account.amazon.com/ap/oa?appActionToken=

x @ oa?appActionToken=******
&language=en_US&acknowledgementApproved=:265
setTimeout (async)
x @
… and this repeats, timing out forever.

Hi there. Thank you for the information. I’ve pinged our Dev group and opened a trouble ticket with them. Not sure how fast I’ll hear back but I’ll track it.

@joncarmignani Dev here, can I ask for a few bits of info?

1. Which version of Chrome do you have?
  2. What’s your operating system and version?
  3. Have you tried a fresh incognito/private window?
  4. Have you connected your Woot and Amazon accounts before (by signing up with Amazon or adding it to an existing Woot account)? (it sounds like you have, but I want to make sure)

You can reply here or private message me if you like. To private message me, click on my name and then click on Message in the box that pops up. To check your PMs, click on your avatar in the upper-right corner of any page and then click on the envelope in the menu that appears.

1. Chrome Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  2. Windows 7 Pro SP1
  3. Incognito acted exactly the same.
  4. I have logged in with my Amazon credentials many times

I’ll answer here in case something comes out of this that could help others.

Thank you! I’ve updated the ticket with that information. We’re pinging Amazon’s services as it looks like it’s on their end.

Any word from Amazon? I’m still seeing the same authentication failure as before.

Not yet. It can take quite a while to hear back on one-off issues. :frowning_face: I’m sorry.

So this is STILL broken. I am trying to get feedback from Amazon but their customer service is not good. Are they unresponsive to their business partners too?