Logitech Audiostation Express

bah, in for one. it will be nice to have it at work.

darn you woot!

how about compatibility w/ an ipod touch?

I’d expect it’s the same as the iPhone post earlier, just without the “Airplane Mode” problem for the phone.

This would go nicely with teh refurb ipod you bought the other day…

$45 new and $32 refurb? not such a great deal. i’d rather get the new one for the price of a sandwich.

Reviewers say it doesn’t officially work with iPhones, but it does in real life, although the iPhone shows you some type of warning. Got me one.

Where is it $45 new? Please post the link. The usual price for this is $70 and up.

And why not add a USB Type A port(s) to charge (via user-supplied adapter cable) secondary players such as my Sansa m240/260? In fairness, I have the same complaint for my Zune-based Altec-Lansing speakers, which also has a mini USB input port, but no Type-A jack, so the remote control powers down the speakers, but not the Sansa, which plays on until tne battery dies, a problem a USB port would easily alleviate.

It’s not a problem for the docked unit, be it iPod or Zune, but since both of these systems tout support for any 3.5mm jack system, why not spend a buck to add a port or two (or 4) to do double service as a USB charging station? It wouldn’t save my cheaper players, but with AAA snap-ins, who cares? It’s the built-in batteries users care about.

Form a business point of view it couldn’t hurt sales. I don’t even own an iPod (yet, at least), but still might consider a unit such as this to support my Sansa for the right price, if only the manufacturers would return the favor with a bit of added funtionality.

Oddly, the Altec Lansings do include an earphone jack, so I can plug my player into the speakers, and then bypass the speakers with the earphone jack!?! Perhaps the idea is if the Zune needs a charge while I want to play.

$46.23 at Amazon, and that’s without breaking a sweat.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-AudioStation-Express-for-iPod/dp/B000NB05OW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1208691969&sr=8-1

It may be $45 at Amazon but the shipping is $10 and depending on where the company is located, Amazon is not the actual selling, there maybe tax as well. Seems quite a bit more for brand new.

Do you have a “Five Below” store around you? They are not the best speakers by far, but they are quite portable and they work. Around Christmas, I even got a cap with built in headphones to use with any mp3 player while jogging for $5.

As for is refurbished safe there are two ways, IMHO, to look at it.
1 - If a company sells many many refurb items it might indicate a systematic design flaw.
2 - In a modern factory the ONLY items which get human inspected are refurbs. They SHOULD be less likely to be duds than new items.

I know that it has video out, but does that work with the new iPod Classic, since the iPod Classic apparently only works with the first-party video cables?

~Dac