Logitech C600 2MP HD Webcam with Built-in Microphone

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Logitech C600 2MP HD Webcam with Built-in Microphone
$24.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Come on people, buy buy buy!

Good reviews on Amazon, and Woot’s price is much better …

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=logitech+-+c600+webcam&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=5156518571&ref=pd_sl_6ah3xqfpsc_b

While this webcam may have some good reviews, I have shied away from Logitech webcams after having a couple models in the past.

The webcams always seem to have proprietary controls, requiring the Logitech software, which is large, unwieldy and sometimes confusing. They also switch models and specs without little warning, making it hard to pick out your specific model. Other mfgs webcams are recognized by generic drivers making them more portable.

Your experience may vary, but look elsewhere for webcams. Philips for example.

This would work great on chat roulette.

1280 x 720 = 921,600

Where are the 2 mega pixels? The above is less than 1.

Haha I’m the first sucker.

We use this model on our home PC and the resolution and functionality is marvelous. Highly recommend. Price, however, = so so. :slight_smile:

This camera is a UVC and as such will be plug-and-play with Windows XPSP3,Vista/7, Mac & Linux. No driver installs necessary.

At least on Windows 7, the couple logitech webcams I’ve used have been recognized and perfectly useable with the generic drivers. XP I do recall having to download stuff, though.

And I 100% agree with the part about having a hard time finding which stuff to download. What makes it even worse is the couple webcams I’ve had don’t actually have the model number written on the body so I had to find the one with the picture that looked as close as possible and hope it works.

That said, the only complaint I’ve had about quality was the logitech webcam I bought my girlfriend off of woot, but that was like $3.99, the lowest of the low models, probably out of production, so mediocre video quality wasn’t exactly a surprise.

An finally…

THIS IS A WOOT-OFF, WHERE ARE THE CATS?!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/funny-pictures-captain-purrbosa.jpg

Heh, I thought I was the only one who thought this. :slight_smile:

This thing looks like an AT-ST.

Edit: I suck at Star Wars.