Logitech Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

I have the 659 and LOVE these Harmony remotes. The screen on the 659 is just 6 lines of text, but the 880 is so much ribsa. The software used with the remote automatically sets your remote to work with whatever device you type in, and you can learn new device command through the IR learning. These remotes are genius, and the new Vista-compatible software uses the Mozilla control (geek moment), so I’m partial.

Great woot!, as the 659 is like $120 by itself.

yeah but is a remote worth 80 bucks?

and YES, it works on MACS

I would still lose the remote anyways

Looks like an unlocked phone. Oh ok maybe no unlocked.

This is an excellent remote for xbox 360 media center extender control.

who watches tv anyway?

Gotta say, this really makes up for the crappy treatment earlier today (Friday). Way to comeback strong Woot!

Maybe not.

this is actually a really sweet remote. the software and activities are really easy to set up. I had no problem locating all my components on the website. even my 8 year old VCR was there! i’ve got it controlling my entire home theater (6 components). and soon, it will be used for controlling/dimming the lights in the room (whenever i get off my lazy ass and do the wiring for the lights).

i’d like to see an advanced mode for the software, but other than thatl, 2 thumbs up for this remote. i would buy one, but I already bought one last year ($180).

eBay has NEW ones for $49

I don’t even have cable TV!

can it hide under my shirt so my wife does not grab it from me?

and well worth every red cent. the Logitech units can’t be beat for multi-functionality and ease of programming/use.

I bought one of these months ago for $200.00 if I remember correctly. This is a great deal!

It works really well and is very programmable, its replaced six remotes in my living room. The only issue is that the software is designed for a three year old to use and man if you know what you want to do its going to take you as long to change a setting as if you had no idea what you were doing.

I give the remote a 9 out of 10 (it doesn’t emulate radio remotes).

I give the software a 5 out of 10 because it doesn’t have an advanced mode.

Mark

Kinda hot, but I’ve bought TVs for less than this.

Old PDA w/ IR port + software = this functionality for less $$$.

Also, for this kind of money, I expect a CRAPSTORM of buttons. When you want to switch up your half-dozen media devices right quick, you can’t bother with context-sensitive menus - three over from the top, second from the left on the middle row, center on the bottom - all muscle memory at work.

No Linux support,
No thanks woot.
Goodnight.

Harmony’s (all of them for the most part) are very worth their money…

I have a complicated system, TV, DVR, DVD, Reciever…

I hit ONE button, Watch TV and it does the following;
Turns on TV
Changes TV input to HDMI 1
Turns on DVR
Turns on Reciever
Changes Reciever Input to Optical 1

Then say i want to watch a movies, I hit Watch a Movie and it;
Changes TV input to HDMI 2
Turns off DVR
Turns on DVD
Changes Reciever input to Optical 2

It just makes life easier.

Hmm sounds interesting. Is it worth the price?

I’m picking up one of these. I had this exact model in my amazon.com cart about 2 days ago for $146. Good thing I didn’t buy it then.

Have you used a Harmony Remote? :slight_smile: If not take a look around the net at features and how much this retails for. I have the Xbox remote and love it… But it will be replaced by this one.

Nice one woot! :slight_smile: Thanks!