Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch Screen Remote

Maybe it’s just me, but I find any TV remote that removes physical number keys to be atrocious design. I have had Harmony 880’s & now have a few Harmony Ones. They would need to pry the One remotes from my dead hands before I’d ‘upgrade’ to a remote without number keys. Sure, I use the guide extensively, but I also use the number keys for navigating the guide & sometimes going totally crazy & just entering a channel number directly. Having a number of additional presses on a touchscreen just to get to some number keys doesn’t work me. And good luck trying to explain that to a guest working the TV in the house.

I thought that too at first, but now I love it. I bring up the guide and use the favorites buttons to get me in the vicinity of where I want to be and then use pageup/pagedown to navigate. Much easier than pressing the three digits on a number pad. And even if I do need to do that, the touch number screen is more than adequate.

Bought this on Woot a couple of months ago. Long story short, I am still fighting with the thing to do an “activity”. The individual device commands work fine, but not the combined together version. My older Logitech does the “activities” just fine.

So… I ve got one of these bad boys. Unfortunately I am wildly disappointed. I have some of the older remotes and they work great… This one, not so much.

First and foremost - the remote itself will not shut off on its own - thereby draining the battery quickly. I be poured over the settings and there’s nothing in there. It might be a glitch with mine though.

The coordination with the app sucks… Sometimes your remote thinks the system is on when it’s not and vice versa. However, if you step into devices it can be fixed.

Furthermore, if you have a multi tiered media shelf, there’s only one extender. I be tried so many different ways and finally got frustrated and stopped trying. I am sure if I create an algorithm to calculate every configuration I d find one… Unfortunately I slept through that part in college…

The home device is cool and I be figured that my Xbox turns on when my controller does so it manages. The home device was like $100 and it’s great for scaring the wife when you’re not home and all of asudden the tv is on. Or… Some Chinese hackers buying spanktravisison on my account… Yeah that’s more probable.

Hope this helps! Happy wooting!

Just for reference, I was using the Logitech 1100 remote with RF extender and this ultimate setup has a much better range and quicker response time.

It should no problem. I just got the Harmony Home Control the other day and it was as simple as plugging in “Xfinity X1” into the device list. Worked that easily!

This does have RF according to Amazon.

The lesser models I’m not sure about, but this one does.

What are these “channel numbers” I keep hearing of?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Umm, the Logitech 650 is a Harmony remote.

Logitech has decided that you want to use your smartphone as your remote, and pretty much discontinued everything else.The 880 was perfect. The 1000 looked cool but was less functional. I now have the smart control with simple remote, and don’t bother with the app at all.

What about controlling the Roku? I have a Roku 3, & a Roku stick, can it control both of them?

Wow!!! There is a lot of crap here

For those without numbers SWIPE LEFT! You will find all your numbers to key in specific channels.

I have had the 880, 890, 3x900, 1100 and the ultimate. The ultimate only comes in second place to the 900. That’s only because the 900 is easy to use without looking at it

Thank you very much.

Front page says “Harmony Ultimate” and product page says “Harmony Ultimate Home.” Those are two different products according to Harmony’s website. Which one is for sale here?

There’s also a product called the “Harmony Ultimate One,” but I don’t think that’s the one for sale here.

And from what I can gather, the “Harmony Ultimate” has RF and the “Harmony Ultimate Home” does not have RF. But maybe I’m missing something and they both have RF?

There are three.

Sorry, my question refers to the one that is $189. Is the remote that costs $189 the “Harmony Ultimate” or the “Harmony Ultimate Home?”

Did some more research. This is the “Harmony Ultimate Home” and it does have RF.

By default, all signals from the remote are sent to the hub as RF signals. The hub converts these signals to IR.

But you can set it up so the remote sends IR and RF signals. So if all of your stuff is in a cabinet except your TV, you can have the remote send an IR signal directly to the TV and RF signals to everything else, via the hub.