Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard

Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard

Hmmm… Checking the Logitech site, 3 year limited warranty - $59 New on Amazon, $54 “Refreshed” - 4 Year Office Equipment Protection Plan for $9.99, 3 Year for $7.99 - new or refreshed. This Woot has Square Trade - 1-year protection plan: $8.99

Also, I noticed in the unboxing videos that the new comes with a charging cable and a USB extension, so the unifying receiver can be brought closer to the keyboard & mouse.
(I have a MX Performance mouse, and it does need to be closer to the computer than on the floor, where most towers sit.), and am wondering if the same charging & USB extension cables come in the Refurb? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nEZ-0WlfFo

Woot Specs: " In the box: * Logitech K800 Wireless Illuminated Keyboard — Backlit Keyboard, Fast-Charging, Dropout-Free 2.4GHz Connection"

BTW, take note that this keyboard is NOT Mac compatible.

A broken K800 is worth as much or more than a functional one. Check ebay. People with nothing better to do sell individual keys from these keyboards for $5 or more each. At that rate each keyboard is worth about $350, working or not.

I have an older Logitech keyboard that uses AA batteries. They need replacement maybe every 6 months. I can’t imagine having to recharge this thing every ten days.

2 Likes

OK, but how is it to type on in the real world? If an ancient IBM PC XT keyboard is a “10” for clicky keys and spacing, where is this on the scale for writers?

One big issue with Logitech keyboards is the lettering on the keys wears out and they won’t cover it under warranty!

1 Like

So the keys uniformly fail… Might have some quality control issues?
I assume then that Logitech warranty does not cover keys, not do the extended warranty plans. I see why they are now dropping 50% from MSRP… https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-K800-Keyboard-Replacement-Keys-and-Clips-Spares/264194955084?hash=item3d833f174c:g:4wwAAOSwVAxdf5Ao

Class action against Logitech… (BTW, don’t bother watching the whole video, but the comments are revealing.)

We have a couple of K800 that have been in use for 2 years. We have not noticed any wearing off of key markings. One of the keyboards had a control key that felt bad from day one. I could have returned it but I was too lazy. Eventually the key got loose on one side. I contacted Logitech and they sent me another keyboard under the 3 year warranty. I then realized a tiny tab was missing off the loose control key and I bought a replacement control key from ebay for about $6 which fixed the issue. So now I have an extra brand new keyboard. We really like these keyboards. I bought one of these refurbished units as another spare. We like the feel and that they light up.

Whoa! Thank you for that. I am looking for a wireless keyboard for my mac mini so i can stop tripping over the cord.

The K800 is the best wireless backlit keyboard I’ve found. There are lots of wireless keyboard choices but not many with back lighting. Also if you use a Logitech mouse or trackball you can pair multiple devices with 1 unifying receiver.

I have multiple K800’s that I use on different computers. I’ve never had issues with lettering rubbing off or keys not working. I don’t believe Logitech would intentionally put a bug on their software to make keys stop working. I’ve only had 1 K800 fail because I spilled beer in it :woozy_face:

I would highly recommend the K800.

OMG! Not beer proof? Class action suit coming.

Check these out… https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-keyboard-for-imac/

1 Like

Is it so bad to want a regular sized keyboard, with regular sized keys, in their regular spaces? Das keyboard fits that, but for $169! :frowning: