Logitech MX5000 Bluetooth Keyboard and Laser Mouse

Humm, gotta think about this one. It could replace the combo of an MX-1000 and the Microsoft keyboard on one commputer. The BT is supposed to work pretty well, and it will also serve as a BT dongle for communicating with cell phones, etc.

Gotta think about this one for a minute or two.

This makes no sense. Why would you need lcd updates on your keyboard? Couldn’t you just look up at your computer?

To bad I have fifteen keyboards and twelve mouse.

If only I hadn’t bought the crappily refurbed Microsoft wireless elite combo from the last woot-off… this set has me drooling. Gotta love LCD displays and controls you’ve never seen on any other keyboard before. Dammit.

Buy it, this mouse is awesome. I have on and still thought about buying it.

Froogle link $99-$166

Froogle link

$113.99 on Newegg + $5.00 shipping.

The only reason this is so pricey is because it is bluetooth.

Kinda nice, but mostly blah.

it’s no problem havinga mac… wait is that a virus? pass it on to a pc

90$ refurb on justdeals free shipping if found from Pricegrabber.

Mmmm. Looks good. Too bad I just lost my jorb and have no money. :o
Bring on the BOC!!!

Great price yet seems this bluetooth technology just is not as popular as it should be for computers…

LOL I’ll stick with my old wired at kb

looks interesting… but really, why do people want wireless keyboads? are they going to want to sit that far from their computer???

" hey, I can take a dump and write my term paper at the same time!!"

I have a Mac too, but I’d still like to consider this one. Will it work with Mac-style bluetooth, or not. I know SOME Logetech products ork fine with Mac. I Have a (wired) 2 button scroll mouse from them now that I love even more that my wireless one that cam with the iMac. Caan anyone tell me if there’s any problem?

I may be crazy, but I bought it. my dad has the mouse, paid 80 for it @ office max, but it is really nice… Im sure I will hae buyers regret tomorrow morning. Alas

I love my Logitech MX3000. I’ve had it for about 4 months now with absolutely no problems. Before that I had another Logitech set that worked for a year before something went wacky and everytime I unplugged it it would take about an hour of fiddling to get it to reconnect to my computer. But I love the way Logitech makes their keyboards and mice.

However, I have reservations about this rechargable mouse fad… It seems very bad to me to have to potentially stop surfing or plug in another mouse because you forgot to put yours in the charger… I much prefer just being able to switch out a set of rechargable batteries and keep on going!

will they work under water, that is within range of course

Logitech specs:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2158,CONTENTID=10776

Two Reviews:
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2005/09/logitech-mx5000-review.html
http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/logitech_mx5000/index.shtml

I have the MX1000 mouse (though it’s not bluetooth. . .). The thing is excellent for just about everything (excluding left-handed people, but they’re of the devil anyway). It’s incredibly comfortable and even more accurate. The batteries still last over a week before having to recharge it again (and I’m a fairly heavy computer user). People who continually scoff at the prices of high-end mice haven’t used them long enough. This mouse is definitely worth the $70 I paid (and that didn’t include a keyboard).

This is an excellent woot.

From a review - TechnologyGuide - TechTarget

For Linux users, use internal Bluetooth if you have it as the software and drivers for this MX5000 set do not work in Linux yet.

Apologies to the man who wrote the Bozo the Clown theme.
"Re-furb, re-furb, always breaks, never works.
Re-furb, re-furb, re=furb the clown.