Logitech Play Collection M325c Mouse

Logitech Play Collection M325c Mouse

5 buttons (title) or 3 buttons (description)??

It has Tilt Wheel functionality, so I guess this counts as buttons 4 & 5…

Plus it says 5 button[s] under the specs tab, @pierrej

Logitech Play Collection M325c Mouse - Optical - Wireless - Radio Frequency - Lemon - Usb - 1000 Dpi - Tilt Wheel - 5 Button[s]

Hi there. Even though the Logitech page says it’s 5 buttons, we think it’s 3 buttons and have updated the sale accordingly.

Well, I ordered one based on what the specs said. Can I cancel?

Might be shipping too fast but you can refuse it or return it.

1 Like

OK, I emailed to see if they could cancel based upon the change of the item. Thanks @ThunderThighs!

It arrived today, and after spending an inordinate amount of time searching for the two forward & reverse buttons, and not finding them (at first thinking they were the “stealth” type, where you press where they ought to be, without having any actual buttons visible), I began questioning my sanity.

So, I went to the link I’d saved for the item, and lo and behold, it said it was a three button mouse. Now I’m really questioning my sanity, because I was sure it said it was a five button mouse – which was why I bought it in the first place.

So, I then loaded the saved version of the page (I make a practice of saving pages for items I purchase, “just in case,” since link-rot is the bane of the Inet).

Lo and behold, it says it’s a five button mouse!

I then flip back and forth between the two tabs, one containing the live version of the page, the other having the version I saved at purchase time, and I watch “5” change to “3” and vice-versa.

I am then confident of my sanity, but having not-so-happy thoughts in a different arena.

So, I come here to see if anyone else has mentioned this, and discover that it’s the only thing being discussed.

What to do, what to do…

I need a mouse. My existing mouse is AFU – it works, until it doesn’t, at which point it zaps the USB port. In fact, I initially thought that the USB ports on my mobo had died – my keyboard and mouse would both die simultaneously at a random time, anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours, and not work until a restart, and I was getting really fed up with all those restarts.

So, I ordered a USB card. I wanted to have USB3 anyway, so I figured I had nothing to lose. This is when I discovered that instead of having my keyboard and mouse both die at a random time, my mouse would freeze for a few seconds every so often. Hmm… So, I plugged the keyboard back into a mobo USB2 port and it worked flawlessly, never once locking up.

That narrowed the failure mode down to the mouse – and by serendipity I saw a nice wireless 5-button mouse for ten bucks on sale that day.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I’ve decided to keep it, because it DOES have the two buttons I need (forward and reverse). What it doesn’t have are the two “buttons” that I never really need (and on those rare occasions when they’d be useful, never seem to operate the way intuition would suggest they should).

Unlike any other mouse I’ve ever used, the wheel’s sideways clicks ARE the forward/reverse buttons.

Go figure.

So, for anyone still reading this, who needs the foward/reverse buttons, and does NOT need the wheel-tilt left/right-scroll feature, this mouse will work fine for you.

PS: spare me the tl;dr whining. I’m seventy years old, I’ve earned the right to be a cranky old fart, and, I’m a retired writer, so “writing long” is an occupational hazard. In short (har har), deal with it.

PPS: The purchase was made via my wife’s account (kogaku), so if any wootsnoops are looking up – and not finding – my purchase, well, that’s why.

1 Like

I love new coined words. Thanks for the essay!

Good morning. It’s your friendly neighborhood wootsnoop. After the customers discussed the number of buttons, we did some research. Even though the Logitech page says it’s 5-buttons in their specs, we decided it was actually a 3-button mouse.

Woot customer service emailed customers to let them know. Check your wife’s email and you’ll probalby find it. Either way, feel free to reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

1 Like

You’re quite welcome. I’m a retired writer, so whaddaya expect? [g]

2 Likes