Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack

Could these be used together? I mean could you plug one of the splitters into the other splitter, thus being able to allow even more people to listen with headphones? Like… hypothetically… could I buy 500 and make a gigantic ghastly mess of plastic splitters and headphone wires so that that a village could listen to tunes via just one cd-player?

Neat, in for two.

I figure this would be good stuff for work, me and a coworker friend can listen to something on the same machine with our headphones.

Darn, after posting my comment did I realize numerous others before me had the same idea. I shall go hide in my shame of unoriginality now.

ZZF sells these for $15 for one. wtf.

EDIT:
i just learned that the letters w, t, and f become “where’s the feet” when they’re posted on the woot forum. previous posts now make more sense. i guess I wasn’t the only one asking “what the [expletive]” about this thing.

CompUSA - 6.99 +shipping each

I might just get some… i constantly find myself needing such things

no but it will decrease signal strength, but whether that will effect you depends on the device. Probably 99% have a strong enough output.

Got it x 2!!! perfect for watching a movie on the laptop with my 4-yr-old when we go on vacay! (2nd set for my gadgetty brother.) Thanks, Woot!

after taking too many car / plane trips with my nieces & nephews, they can now all plug into the portable DVD player and I don’t have to hear ‘high school musical’ EVER AGAIN. IN FOR THREE!! (in case anyone loses one!)

great random gift to people. why not. love watching people ask “huh?”

It would be good if you have kids that share a dvd player or some other type of device in a vehicle. Each could hook up their own headphones and save Mom and Dad from a headache

Perfect for quiet movie watching in the car, on a plane… great stocking stuffers! I’m in for three!

What happens if you plug one into the other one? Wait - I think I just blew my mind.

So, I wait up all night, forsaking sleep and a personable temperment tomorrow morning, for this!?! Woot… you’ve let me down.

Sigh

I supppose I’ll take solice in the idea that someone SOMEWHERE, may need one of these.

Like… in 1994, with his CD/Radio Walkman.

Retail box contents:

Audio Splitter
Multi-lingual Setup Guide - (English, French, Spanish)

“Multi-lingual setup guide?” plug into jack, plug headsets into item?

Does anyone know if this splits the volume level as well? I would like one to watch movies on a plane but my volume isn’t very high with one set plugged in.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I got three sets, can’t ever buy Woots that total less than shipping.

Theslayer:
Could these be used together? I mean could you plug one of the splitters into the other splitter, thus being able to allow even more people to listen with headphones? Like… hypothetically… could I buy 500 and make a gigantic ghastly mess of plastic splitters and headphone wires so that that a village could listen to tunes via just one cd-player?

Yes, but everytime you do it would be quieter and the quality would degrade.

I guess they figger the Germans, Polish, Chinese, etc., etc. already know how to plug this in.

My FIRST Woot!!

Yes! Yes you could…

It would be cool if you did that…