Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX Webcam

i got something veeeery special for everyone on the blog… you’ll never guess…
all the comparison shopping links… was that your guess?..dang… woot peeps are smart…

… p.s. when’s the next woot off?

come on woot…

Is it wireless? bluetooth??

Yeah, but you’ll need the free macam driver and the shareware iChatUSBCam if you want it to work in iChat.

Wait, but if you purchased woot’s binoculars and that “tv” it’s a 20" . So is it a better deal now considering I still have 4 extra pairs?

When you bought your MAC did the sells persons forget to tell you “this will not be compatible will jack”.

I’m in for three, theres plenty of free software on the net to turn these into security or time-lapse that I’m sure I’ll find a use for them.

Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Means you get the camera only, no accessories or anything like that. Not even a manual or a box, in most cases.

The camera, wrapped in bubble wrap, and that’s it.

actually, you CAN use a different mic, just gotta get a USB headset.

Um… sorry, but I think whoever wrote and approved that copy needs to really think things through. Yeah I know it’s supposed to be funny. Sarcastic. Tongue in cheek. “Lighten up, lady,” I can hear it already. But it’s just really not cool to cross it over into “haha old fart stalking young teen girls.” It might seem funny to whatever young bucks wrote it and work here, but it won’t be funny to you when you have kids, especially daughters that age.

Really bad call, guys.

Hmm… today’s blurb is a little off for me . . . guess it’s a little hard to find pedophilia all that amusing.

Nope. I have a USB headset. You can’t disable the Logitech’s mic because it’s “special” with some stupid, fancy title they came up with to annoy me.

This beats my old Logitech webcam. The one still have was free with my DSL package. Wooted this one.

It stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, basically if a product is OEM it usually wont ship with a retail box or manuals just the bare minimum of parts. OEM products are meant to be pieced together with other OEM products and create a whole package for the manufacturer to sell… like lets say you buy this OEM WebCam, with an OEM Monitor, OEM Motherboard, OEM CPU, OEM Hard Drive, etc. and build a complete desktop computer to be sold to another person.

That’s what it’s meant for but it’s also meant for people finding deals who don’t care about the box.

Anyway, I own an earlier model of this, I paid this much for a refurb and I’m really happy with mine. The resolution is pretty impressive for the price.

Does it take 2MP pictures like the iPhone?

Alright then.

I was just thinking about getting a webcam last night so I could show a friend how I play some frets on fire songs. Guess I might as well jump on it. What could possibly go wrong?

• looks over at pile of dead WD caviar drives * :\

Everything sounds better with “teen” in front of it. Try it. Webcam or Teen Webcam. I’m in for 3 of those…

Yes, OnA…

As for Mac support, officially there is none. An Amazon review reports that it is supported by an open source driver called macam but does not work well.

From the description…
If you find that your teen is addicted to webcamming, especially if she is an attractive 14-to-17-year-old with red or blonde hair and a well-developed figure, please instruct her to IM me at “DocHottie38” for personal counseling. Her future happiness – and mine – may well depend on it.

Are we going to see DocHottie38 on NightLine running away from a house? CREEEEEEEEPY!!!

I read nothing about which you speak…but if you got young ladles, better check out “myspace” and see what they’ve been up to. Then get a web cam and start your own myspace!!!

Works with macs (with some issues) according to this thread http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=64687