Logitech Tablet Keyboard for iPad

I’m going to be sad for you if I wake up tomorrow and their all gone :(. I’d get em ASAP!

I want to get one…but do you think Woot! will post a android specific version? Hmm…to wait or pull the trigger?

The only fundamental difference I see between the iPad version and the windows/android version is Bluetooth 1.2 vs 3. Why apple uses a ten year old protocol, I don’t know, but I think most current Bluetooth is backwards compatible.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/tablet-keyboard-ipad
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/tablet-keyboard-android-win8-rt?crid=1242

They use the older one because iSheep will buy it anyways and they can maximize their profits using “discarded” old versions. After looking at reviews, I really like that case it comes in. If it comes with it, then I think I too will buy 3 of them.

I got one. I’ll use it for the iPad and try it out with Apple TV. The cnet review says it works with computers, so I’ll try it out with my laptop and ps3.

You are right, I bet these will sell out quick, just bought three! Thanks for talking me into it.

Woot woot! Sometimes we just need a little nudge! 1 hour post purchase im still pumped up about the deal!

several people have asked if this will work with other devices that are not from apple.

so far there has been no answer given.

what about it staff ??

can we get an answer if these will work with other devices, notably ANDROID devices ??

OR a PS3??

in for one but does it come with the case? Hope so

Obviously is using the ipad version on an android device. Works just fine he says…and the Apple home button works as the home button for android.

Case Case, does it come with the case?
I buy two if it do

[edit]
history/comments in other forums imply no case.

Dear Woot,
I bought a lot more stuff when I could unlock free shipping for the day by making a purchase. This “fill your cart” and pay $5 for shipping thing isn’t nearly as tempting. I feel like I’m being had. Trying to find stuff to buy on an impulse before the item I actually want sells out. The result? Just get one of the thing I really need and walk away. It’s almost like being followed in a store with a “helpful” salesperson. The result? walking out of the store quickly without buying anything. Just something for you to consider at those monthly meetings where you “listen” to the feedback of your customers…

Wow, looks like the same one I bought from Woot in May for $20!

I agree, I have only purchased one item since this changed. I found I would shop more throughout the day with the other shopping option to ship unlimited all day…plus it’s less work to have someone pack one box instead of multiple and uses less packing material too.

I bought one from Amazon a couple months back that was originally made for Apple, I have an android phone/tablet. It works just fine with my android devices and I use it regularly because it travels with me daily instead of lugging a laptop around. At this price it’s definitely worth it.

The difference between the Bluetooth specs are power usage, range, and transfer speed. For a keyboard, you don’t need range (you’re not going to try typing on an iPad from two rooms away), you don’t need transfer speed (unless you type at 1 million WPM), and the power drain for a keyboard is minimal already. They use v1.2 because it’s all that’s required.

Similarly, many wired keyboards use USB 1.1 even through USB 3.0 is current because it just doesn’t make a difference in a keyboard.

For the exact details of what changed on the Bluetooth spec in the later versions: Bluetooth - Wikipedia

Can it use for my windows8 ultrabook?

The one night I don’t compulsively check Woot… Oh well, it might not have worked with my new Kindle Fire HDX anyway.

Argh.
Was just about to bite for 2 when i noticed it was sold out.

This would have been perfect for my mother. Her only computer is the iPad and she’s always complaining about lack of touch-feedback while typing.