Logitech Wireless Play Link

Compare the prices…
SecretPrices … $20.29

PriceGrabber … $29.90 ($20 StoreFronts)

Froogle … $69.95

So can we connect laptops to these as well?

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Logitech Wireless Play Link
$15.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Logitech Wireless Play Link 965149-0403

Up to 1.5 Mbps data rate – no lag on fast Internet connections

This is 1.5 megaBITS? Or megaBYTES?

I’m assuming megabits

"Up to 1.5 Mbps data rate "

WOW, Was almost going to buy these then realized that my internet comes in at 8Mbps, lame.

1.5Mbps – Be aware. Otherwise could be interesting.

these are perfect for LAN party’s

Probably, yes. But you are going to have a power cord, so it’s not completely wireless.

Anyone have any experience with these? Will it work through walls?

Looks like they can be had from Ebay for around the same price… $5.00 shipping makes it a good woot…

Seems like you can use anything that uses a standard ethernet cable. Although I could be wrong.

100 feet isn’t that big of a range though.

Contrary to what the description says, this really shouldn’t require a broadband internet connection (or any internet connection for that matter), only a router creating a local lan. Sharing a network printer or scanner wouldn’t have anything to do with the internet connection you have.

Sweet Mercy! This is exactly what I need, no more cat5 strung across the living room floor for PS2 online killing. Thanks Woot1

Very interesting item… but:

1. Is it open to hacking (hax0rs!) and exposing your wireless network;
  2. Why are there specs for a PC listed? Last time I checked, my printer and XBOX did not run Win98 or higher…

Not the worst woot, but very possibly most intriguing…

Now to find a use for it.

It seems the 1.5 Mbps is a bit slow when even wireless B is 11 mbps.

For browseing the internet and playing games over the connection you should be fine, but I think you could run into problems if you want to use this to transfer files between computers.

A cool item, but not what I need.

Woot’s a bit of a late riser today, eh?

Hmmmm, this would be nice if I was home with my PS2.
Buuuuuut, in Hong Kong, I am doing quite well with my brand-new PSP with its LOGITECH case.
Games:

• Fight Night Round 3 (not as good at the 360 version, but still dang good)
  • Burnout: Legends (swoon)
  • Syphon Filter (SWOOOOON)

This is one of those things that looks totally neat, and I’d love to have for the “random parts toolbox” but I have absolutely no use at all for them…

And yet I feel myself strangely compelled to buy 2 or 3.

Darn you, woot!

$70, and well-reviewed, at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006FQ50I/102-9058833-7186523?v=glance&n=468642

It doesn’t appear to use a standard network protocol-- it’s not going to make your machine vulnerable although who knows if there are any security holes in whatever protocol Logitech uses for cube-to-cube communication…

Not the best selling point, hardly any games with online support for it. =P

I dont really see an advantage to this for most things, since we have wireless routers for a little more than this costs.

I’ve got a GoVideo DVD player that’s networked to my computer. It’d be nice to do away with the ethernet cable stretched across the living room (no carpet to hide it under!)… but I don’t know what rate this thing streams at. I’d hate to get it and not be able to stream video to the TV, you know?