Logitech Wireless Play Link

Anyone know if the 1.5 mbps slows gaming on 360 or xbox?

I think you hook the first box into a wired network and the second into your gamestation. So, a rip off if it were a two for tuesday.

These babies sell for $99 at the logitech webiste:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2311,CONTENTID=9752

Only a 90 days warranty on a new item and still not sure as to what it is or for.

No thanks, I have a lots of items like that now, don’t need anymore.

Little “b” means bits, Big “B” means Bytes

Ex: KBps = KB/s = Kilobytes per second, while Kbps = Kb/s = Kilobits per second

there is no way this is the worst woot ever. Back when these first came out, I was thinking about buying a set for my Xbox (my room is pretty far away from the cable modem, which is in another room). Now that I’m in college, this would be perfect for my dorm room, since my Xbox will likely be on the side opposite where my internet hookup is. If I had the money, I would pick them up, so hopefully they aren’t sold out by the time I put money in the bank tomorrow.

To everyone complaining about 1.5Mb/s it’s not a big deal. Even if you’re internet is coming in between 2-5Mb/s like most cable connections do, it’s still capable of being faster than most standard DSL connections are (768Kb/s), so you really won’t see hardly any (if any at all) increase in lag. This should provide plenty of bandwidth for a ps2 or xbox.

Looks good if you think you need this. Eliminates a run of CAT5, it seems. I would wonder what frequency this works on. Apparently, you will need a wall wart on each end of it. There are wireless routers for about this price now, however.

Mmm, now the question is, can you buy three and hook them up in a 300-ft line…?

I think I’ll still stick to ethernet cords…

i think i do…would be nice for the PS2 or my TiVO

…although i can’t seem to click “i want one”

maybe i’ll sleep on it

Um, even for only $20 they look pretty clunky (fairly large and requires the included wall-wart, it looks like). And is there some particular reason for what is essentially an Ethernet<->wireless (wireless of some unknown sort) connection? I get the impression that the “wireless” is, indeed, some sort of proprietary thing.

Why does they need a broadband internet connection? Why the USB requirement?

Oh well, after yesterday’s headache, maybe I’m just being utterly clueless.

Here’s a better description of what they …er… do, I suppose.

Basically, a 900mhz connection to your router. Weird.

I’ve got a drop in the living room for the PVR and the XBox already, so no thanks.

wish these had the option to use batteries…

For those of you complaining about the 1.5 Mbps speed, I highly doubt this was designed with internet/file sharing between computers. The speed is MORE than enough for sharing printers/scanners/etc over your network.

New with no moving parts, all electronic and Logitech only guarantees them for 90 days. Does not give me a warm wireless feeling.

It says these can be used to connect a computer to a router wirelessly up to 100 feet. What if the computer I want to connect is more than 100 feet away and through several walls? Can I buy a couple sets of these things and daisy chain them to extend my wireless network? Have the wireless signal bounce from one to another until the last one is mere inches from the computer I want to connect?

Looks like a good deal if it works as advertised. Logitec’s web site lists the price as $99.99. However as I do not have a wireless network, I have no use for them.

Nite Nite Woot.

Important question- can you use more than one pair at a time? This could come in handy for me while I wait for a true N spec to solidify…

Followup: Nope, no go for me. Looks like the networked DVD players stream up to 3.0Mbps, and if this thing can only handle 1.5Mbps, that means it’s useless. Nice thought though. :frowning: