Logitech Wireless USB Music System for PC

CNET review: Logitech Wireless Music System for PC review: Logitech Wireless Music System for PC - CNET

I swear… Woot MUST own stock in Logitech!!

What? No Linux (or *BSD) support? Eff that.

I got one of these in my box of cereal just this morning. I don’t think this is a coincidence.

Actually, I think it it will sell. These go for 150 bucks usually like this. I bought this setup from Woot in a couple things. I bought the reciever for PC with the headphones and bought the transmitter seperate, however ito nly cost me the same amount as this [including the shipping cost with this one.] And I got the headphones still. Which are their own fifty bucks on their own. So, pretty good deal and it works really well actually. I have this doozie hooked up and set ontop of my PC, no need to have it sticking out at all.

I love it and my dad wants one of these for christmas I think. Thank you woot! Woo hoo. He was looking at a different one, not sure what brand it was, but hey this works the same way the other one did. So no complaints here.

I have the MP3 - iPod version of this. I still haven’t figured out exactly what to do with it. I approach it ever so reverently. It looks very cool. And, of course, it is bluetooth.

As soon as I get to it … I promise … I’ll read the instructions … and maybe, like, buy some speakers, without which, it’s useless.

I love woot.

I am happy with my $5 cheap ass cable. Works great for me.

See ya tomorrow.

woot previously had the usb transmitter + wireless headphones for $19.99 + $5 s/h. the stereo adapter (to attach to receiver) can be had on fleabay for $12 or so + s/h.

move along, cold.

wow woot first time my post got yanked and all i did was critisize your choice for the day, i thought that was product related? i was expressing how i felt that it was a little redundant. and i get yanked. I honestly have to say I try not to be a problem poster atleast not intentionally. But Right now i feel very offended. I want to go on record to say I have been very loyal and recomended you to tons of people over the last two years and spent a fare amount shopping and spending my money here and helping with posotive feed back when i can but i say one negative comment. well my offended self is taking my credit card to a different site for a while.

Criticize away, but just tell us why. Saying, “This woot sucks,” or, “Lame woot,” isn’t telling us anything. Same goes for, “Awesome woot!” or, “In for three!” Tell us about the sound quality, set-up issues, technical support, design problems, anything… just tell us why you don’t like the product.

See the links in my signature for more information.

It may or may not. If it does, you can change the channel that your network broadcasts on pretty easily.

my bro just mentioned these the other day as something he wants for christmas… so count me in for one… hope he doesn’t read the forum today :wink:

OK - I’ve just looked at the “Get Started Quickly Guide” (it isn’t like they give out manuals anymore) for this thing. The rather simple upright thingy in the base is the “music transmitter”. You could plug it directly into a USB port if you want to, but one supposes you get better range if you use the base. The boxy thing with the antenna on the upper right is the “music receiver”. You put it wherever your stereo (or what-have-you) is and connect it to the inputs (RCA cable…) So - the transmitter “sends” audio to the receiver (and it come out there). However, the transmitter apparently ALSO receives control signals - either from the “music receiver” or the remote. They aren’t really terrifically clear on this pseudo-duplex deal between the transmitter and the receiver, but that’s got to be how it works; likewise for the remote. If you plug it in your computer, they say, ALL audio goes streaming out there into BlueTooth-land. To control it more precisely, you install their software and apparently you can have it come out as “usual” (i.e., your computer) or over the Logitech stuff.

I think.

Anyone else have a clue? And, of course, they say you can use up to 16 “music receivers” but who knows which one is actually in control. I’m guessing (quite wildly at this point) that it would send stuff to headphones as well (unless Logitechs are totally stupid). (uh, no comments about that, OK?)

You must not be a real linux user then :stuck_out_tongue: Everything will run on nix with a little effort :wink:

YES! You gangmembers best hop on this bandwagon! This is the EXACT setup I received in a Bag O Crap Woot recently! However, this is far from crap! I don’t think they meant to ship this to me as part of the crap deal, but who in hell cares?! Woot’s loss is ALWAYS my gain, pals!

Highly recommended by me, is this unit. Do everyone a huge favor and buy it for gifts, as Christmas is upon us all, me pals.

Ever since maybe september it seems that woot has been a revolving door for lame MP3 players, logitec devices no one has any use for and iRobot cleaners. Please woot, sell a product worth buying because buying a crappy product at a great price still gets you a crappy product.

Is it me or has this been on more then twice? Back to the beverage!

The good: The Logitech Wireless Music System for PC wirelessly streams any audio format–including purchased iTunes songs–from a PC to a home stereo, regardless of copy protection or digital rights management. It offers reliable wireless audio transmission, decent sound quality, and easy setup, and it doesn’t require a Wi-Fi network.

The bad: The Logitech Wireless Music System lacks a visual user interface and offers limited remote control functions that work only with certain audio-player applications. The system’s default configuration disables your PC speakers when it’s in use. There are no digital audio outputs, the optional Music Anywhere software is unrefined, and the package is fairly pricey.

The bottom line: The Logitech Wireless Music System can wirelessly stream any audio file format from your PC to your home stereo system, but you’ll have to fly blind because it doesn’t have a visual user interface.
Probably the best wireless usb music system out there…

That was a good concise explanation.

This seems to link to a few reviews:
http://www.everythingusb.com/logitech_wireless_music_system_for_pc.html

Edit: Actually, it seems to be just one review with a listing of blogs that refer back to that review.