Loma Linda Vegan Meal Sampler (8)

Loma Linda Vegan Meal Sampler (8)

Based on the Amazon reviews of the Chipotle pouch specifically, it seems to be that it’s a little spicy. So spicy in fact that it causes people with less spice tolerant insides to spend the afternoon in an out of the bathroom. I’m going to give it a try. Wish me luck!

3 Likes

wow… I thought about these for camping, but at 2 servings per 10 oz pouch I’m afraid that won’t sustain the kids…

1 Like

My local costco used to have 6 packs of the chipotle bowls for $14.
I really liked them, but my wife and kids thought they were way too spicy.

1 Like

Re: the spiciness of the Chipotle: I’ve had it before and if you put it over a baked potato it’s really good! I’m not into super spicy anymore myself and I liked it this way.

I’m not familiar with this producer, but the Vendor write-up sounds good. So these are made by that company here in the U.S.? Just wanted to confirm because most pouch-based foods I’ve seen are from India, Thailand, etc. Actually I like those and I think they are generally good products, but in this case wanted to know if they are made here.

Edit: can’t find any info on manufacturing location. However I found another “deal” site that has packs of 6 (all same flavor) for what appears to be a very good price. In features, it lists “Imported.” As I said, from my experience, there are many good quality prepared pouch foods coming from Asia; it’s very possible these are among them. The producer is not a small “ma and pa” operation; rather, it was owned by Kellogg and sold in 2016 to another smaller investor/conglomerate sort of thing. So buy if you think you like the product but don’t buy thinking you’re paying for a small business to make stuff out of a tiny factory somewhere in the U.S.