Longboard Vineyards Russian River Pinot Noir - 3 Pack

[labrat]

LABRAT:

sorry for the lateness of my rat! the 4-day old newborn in my house has given me very little time to sit down and evaluate, so here she goes:

pop and pour:
nice label, cork was a little brittle pulling out of the bottle. using the pinot/nebbiolo
glasses for this one. pours out the color of strawberry jello. slight wiff of booze with
berries and cedar box? definite red cherry taste. not a lot of complexity, but highly
enjoyable.

one hour later:
light and enjoyable quaffer. gonna pair this with leftover veggie lasagna and mac n’ cheese, pairs okay-- maybe too spicy for the tomato sauce. i can see this going with a fatty salmon or sweet scallop.

smell is definitely more woodsy and spicy that fruity. drink is very smooth, but doesn’t have a sharp acidity. strong red cherry flavor.

i’ll post more if i can later tonight… cheers!

edit: gulp finishing the bottle. a pleasant spicyness, with a cleansing but not too strong acidity. cherry flavors throughout, but slightly one-dimensional. in the end, a good Pinot which i would rank JUST below the d’onstspille on the QPR ratio. thanks again for letting me rat!

An interesting question. I think it would definitely improve with some time in the bottle. Perhaps it would develop some more layers given time for the acidity to mellow. I wouldn’t say that timeline is much longer than 2-3 years though.

Darn, just missed this! I happen to be in Hawaii right now and did notice the Longboard Merlot at the ABC store so I might have to dig a little to grab a bottle of the Pinot.