Lost Canyon Stage Gulch Syrah Three - Pack

This was just released on October of 2009 so not much out there for reviews or tasting notes. Rats on this would be very helpful.

If you put it that way, No way!

Since '07 was a stand-out year for Sonoma Coastal Pinots, one would assume (??) that '07’s weather blessings would also benefit the Syrah grapes (both Burgundys, etc)

Other wisdom out there?

I am a member of Fritz, and they have sent me Lost Canyon. This is a great deal! I pity the fool that doesn’t buy this.

This is the 1st Monday wine that has been available in TN for awhile.

Which is all to say I’m reporting for duty and available for rattage, sir!

Haha…I’ll take your pity but probably not shell out for the woot.

Vineyard location sounds awesome (though flat as a pancake?) Heimoff in the Enthusiast gave it a 91, so the wine’s not utter plonk. I saw the Ramones in Petaluma sometime in the 80’s . . . hmmm, does this add up? Yes, the original retail on this was likely $35.

I would like to see if it opens up within 15+ minutes, or if it’s shut down with fine tannins, and what the late palate is like. I’m guessing that raters have to be higher-level Wooters than I am . . . ahem

Am I the only one who sees the Papyrus font as a red flag for bad wines?

labrats? WD spreads it around pretty well. Sucking up seems to help, as does being helpful but he sends out to the quiet and meek too.

Hi all,

I used to volunteer a fair amount at Lost Canyon when they were in Oakland. We were very sad to see them leave.

They specialize in Pinots & Syrahs. Typically the Pinots sell for $40 & Syrahs for $35 making this a great deal. Not sure why there was such a good deal on the '05 @ K&L. I’ve never really seen their wines discounted, though haven’t really had any since they were sold to Fritz.

I would definitely not say their syrahs are fruit bombs. This is a cool weather syrah & IMHO past vintages were very well balanced. I’m not supposed to be buying any more wine!!! Just got back from El Dorado Barreling 2 weeks ago & off to Lodi Wine & Chocolate next week, but this might be too good a deal to pass up.

What’s the deal with Syrahs lately - it seems that all of the wine sites have had lot of Syrah…between WTSO, Cellarthief.com and Woot, I’m all Syrahed out. But, this one looks interesting.

Anybody know how this will compare to the Syrahs out of Washington (those have piled up in my cellar lately)? Will this be bigger, more fruit, etc…?

I don’t know whats up with all the Syrah, but after the red zepplin I am looking for more. I really enjoyed the bear valley syrah. haven’t tried the other two yet.

Many retailers will put the last 1-3 bottles on sale to make room for newer stuff. Doesn’t necessarily reflect that the wine wasn’t good, just that it got passed over.

I suspect that was the case with the K & L offering.

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/dn5o58" title="How good is this deal?)

As has already been observed, this wine is not listed on the winery website. However, it is available if you call the winery (which I did). They were very helpful, and would be more than happy to fulfill an order for you, but I recommend you check out the discount details first, as this is quite a bargain vs. ordering directly.

EWN alert coming soon!

Clay Fritz of Fritz Winery here. I am new to woot, but thanks for the reception. The dynamism of the site is as advertised. Enjoy the wine.

Woot, I am just not into 3 of the same wine. Especially not a newbie offering. :frowning:

Also, I am sad that was ‘ratted’ (supposedly, according to my email) and yet never received my Mumm Rosé. However, I shall write a nice review if I ever do receive it.

ouch

Hi Clay,

Welcome to the fray. We often (and so far have) ask questions about your wine, philosophy, style, comparisons, etc. Any answers you can provide are much appreciated.

Agreed, only way I would buy three is if I had already tasted one. Can I buy one for $20 + $5 ship?