Lost in Transition

In the words of today’s young folks, this shirt is full of WIN! In for one. I absolutely love it.

1 Like

I find the feather aspect makes the neck feel waaay too long for my tastes (a zebraffe?) but I do so love Tang’s work in general, so i’m glad to see him up here. Congrats!

Ahh, but maybe it is a pile of feathers becoming a zebra instead.

1 Like

It reminds me of photoshop, too, first thing that came to mind.

Or maybe… a really indecisive Zebreather! Now my head is spinning with possibilities.

I haven’t liked a shirt this much in a really long time. Definitely in for one.

Have you considered that it is not a zebra at all, but an arrangement of feathers that perfectly simulates a zebra’s head?

And here I thought the Blue Bird had gone away. Turns out he’d only changed into a Zebra.

Oh my goodness, I have never, ever been a first sucker. Yeah, me.
I actually got two of these for Christmas presents: one for my 5 year old nephew and one for a friend.
Wow, Woot, I’m honored to be tonight’s first sucker.

Congratulations! With as many as you buy, it’s long overdue.
I love this fast zebra who is flying so quickly he is blowing feathers instead of high kicking pony farts.

This Shirt Is Great, Man. I’m Definitely In For One!

I think the feathers are sorta the strips on the zebras chest. Visioning the rest of the body that makes the most sense, I think…

No good leaving this in the bed to scare someone, it would just look like the pillow had torn by the morning…THATS why they use horses heads…

think I like it, but have enough black for a while…

Pretty, and I like the colors too.

The Zebra’s stripes alternate black and white, which are essentially opposites. The artist’s title is “Lost in Transitions” and my take is that as you transition from one extreme to the opposite extreme in anything, you will find feathers in that transition. The symbolic meaning of the feathers is personal, but the title implies that a person is lost in this transition. or maybe this person likes to think that the degree of separation of these two extremes is not that great, that the separation doesn’t amount to anything beyond feathers.

Oh geez, I’ve gotten to the point where I own too many weird shirts from Woot now… but everything inside of me (including the cake I just had) is screaming “get the shirt!!!” I guess I’ll just have to accept the weird looks. I love this too much.

“If you look close enough you can’t tell where my nose ends and space begins.”

-Bernard Jaffe (Dustin Hoffman)       
        from I ♥ Huckabees

This shirt is great because horses and birds are related, but their link was lost with the unicorn :frowning:

What Gilderoy Lockhart wouldn’t do to get his hands on a rare zebra feather quill.

Wouldn’t the relation have been lost with the Pegasus?