Lucky at last

In Japan, 4 leaf clovers were pretty common.

But in Japan, the number 4 is unlucky.

For some reason, the way you phrased this made me think of the line from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade:

“But in the Latin alphabet, Jehovah begins with an I.”

Yup. It’s why they usually dont have a 4th floor button on their elevators. :slight_smile: The word for 4 is ‘shi’, which also means ‘death’. I do not wish to go to the death floor!

So that’s why a 56-leaf clover was bred there!

As for the number 4 … the term is tetraphobia. Which I will admit, when I was house hunting, I passed on several houses with a 4 in the address.

Wow, I love this shirt. I told myself I am not allowed to buy any more woot shirts…and yet…ramyb keeps making adorable ones I can’t resist. Woot, I want all of your items today (battery charger, camp pack, and this t-shirt), can you please combine my shipping? :slight_smile: My neighbors and my mail-carrier probably all wonder what Woot! is.

Ramyb shirts function as an excellent filter for people I probably don’t want to talk to, glad to see this print.

so happy this printed. gunna be rocking this shirt for State Patty’s next weekend, with my Guinness scarf. should be a terrific combo.

As I recall, black cats are the least likely to be adopted due in part to the superstition surrounding them. I think there may have even been a shirt in the 2011 Halloween themed derby to raise awareness on the issue.

If you’re considering adopting a cat please give the black beauties a second glance before deciding!

My best buddy, Lucky, is turning 18 next month. He’s a black cat, so how could I not name him Lucky?

There was no doubt I’d buy this shirt.

I have never owned a green shirt before however I love the design and might actually get this one. Maybe this will be the year I won’t get pinched for not wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day

Let it be noted that I too have a black cat. I don’t have a cute/funny/luck-related name for her. I don’t even have a clever little anecdote. I just thought you guys would like to know this fact.

Must. Have. Meow!

That was very kind of you to try to head off the rants with reason! Even at $12, it still is a good deal. Except I really want the Cation one. Because my Chem prof really doesn’t like cats.

The whole concept of four-leaf clovers is flawed- if finding one makes you more lucky, and it is considered lucky to find one in the first place, then shouldn’t you be more likely to find a second one after you find the first one? And then even more likely to find the third, and etc…

Honestly, if four-leaf clovers are in fact lucky, then someone is going to wind up with all of the luck in the world eventually.

That cat really is lucky! It came first in the derby. Well done!

AGREED!

Woot, you and your tricks! I want this SO bad, but I also want Nyan’s Dream and I can’t afford them both. Will it print? Should I wait? Should I just get both and not eat? So. Many. Questions.

I’m sure other Irish cat ladies will fall for this tee as hard as I did.

Irish superstition says a black cat in the house is exceptionally lucky.

Is the cat alive, or is it dead, in a field of clovers with one final clover in his mouth? I want to know before I buy, lol.