Lummi Island Wild Dungeness Cooked Crab

Lummi Island Wild Dungeness Cooked Crab

Where is deals.woot when you need it?

1 Like

We should have a monthly thread with deals from around the internet.

We could have Lego deals, phone deals, inflatable wolf deals…

:smirk:

2 Likes

Is there something special about Lummi Island because I can get previously frozen dungeness crab for $16/lb at my local grocery store. So if I get 3 crabs at 2 lbs each it would only cost $96

2 Likes

Well, these are cooled so… but yeah…

Good question. I can get 6 crabs (approximately 10 pounds) at my local Costco in Houston for 150. If I remember correctly they were on sale for 120 when I was there Saturday. I just checked their website and they are sustainably caught, boiled and flash frozen, just like the Costco ones. So there is nothing special about them.

1 Like

I tried to talk my wallet into leaving the security of my pocket – he won’t come out !! Pass on this one.

5 Likes

Yes, they are bilingual, they speak french as they migrate from Canadian waters to Washington state :innocent: that extra language skill makes them high dolla!

2 Likes

Special Note : While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists.

So, instead of Lummi Island Wild Dungeness Cooked Crab, they could substitute artificially-colored, Atlantic farm-raised salmon, or ~6 pounds of previously-frozen Peruvian chicken livers?

That’s the kind of product-assurance I’ve been waiting for. Count me in!

2 Likes

These are privately harvested - caught, cooked, frozen and shipped directly to you…no middle-man box store. Normal price on web site is $150, so you are saving $36 right off the top for good quality dungies.

I ALWAYS KNEW WE’D GET CRABS FROM WOOT

2 Likes

I only eat crab people.

1 Like

@nabutu

Special Note : While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists.

Even better, we could get the plant based tuno fish that was available (for an overly extended amount of time) during the Woot Off

I lol’d

on that side of the country they speak the Queen’s English, hence “British Columbia”