Luxury Gel 12" Gel Memory Foam Mattress - Choose Your Firmness

I don’t often post but I wanted to offer my opinion. We bought a similar mattress from here about 5 years ago. We loved it while it lasted but it didn’t hold up very well. By the fourth year, the sink hole in the middle never quite went away and the mattress itself was starting to come apart. When our new mattress was delivered and this one was removed, it seemed like it was being held together by the mattress cover we had zipped around it.

So I feel that this is more of a short term mattress solution. It worked for awhile but ultimately we needed to buy something else.

I wish one of my parents would have bought me a couple of twins when I was a kid.

Five years ago ? I am not sure how you can comment on the supposed quality if it’s not the same mattress or likely even the same manufacture.

I am not trying to knock you, but could you give some detail on what you actually purchased.

If all the memory foam is 3.5 lbs, what makes the difference in the plush, medium, and firm?

i have a 10" version of this mattress. I’ve had it for a few years and its held up better than any innerspring mattress I’ve ever had. I’m in for one!

The memory foam is manufactured with different ILD for each firmness rating. This is what determines the firmness of each mattress, not the density of the foam.

Plush has an ILD rating of 20
Medium -25
Firm-36

Is this mattress antimicrobial?

How foldable is this mattress. a queen box spring will not fit up my staircase. I am sleeping on a futon. I need something pretty malleable to fit up the stairwell.
Steve

Have a 10" that we have been using over 2 years and are extremely pleased with. Bought this same 12" about 14 months ago and did what you advised against-left it rolled up (couldn’t agree on a new bed)
Finally found a bed and opened the mattress a few days ago hoping for the best. It is getting back to shape but more slowly than the 10 did- the sides especially are slower coming back.
Is there any trick known for helping matters along that you can offer?

I second this. We bought a memory foam mattress from Woot a little over 2 years ago and it no longer supports us. It started out being medium firm but now sags badly.

I guess you get what you pay for.

I’m a tall guy. Are these matresses actually 75" in a twin, or is that just going off the false premise that all twins are 75"? My current mattress is 72".

Our return policy is linked in my signature. There’s no returns for personal preference or buyer’s remorse. Sorry.

Will the “firm” version hold up longer without losing shape than the “plush” and “medium” models?

just wondering how heavy this mattress in the Regular King version is…

the mattress is delivered in a vacuum bag its small but heavy you shouldn’t need to fold it to get it to its final destination

I think you’re right… my money is on this one. Same exact picture, similiar price:

Yes, this mattress has antimicrobial properties and is manufactured using CertiPur certified memory foam.

You could bring it up in its compressed packaging and open it upstairs.

[MOD: Overstock link already posted above and vendor commented on how it’s different.]

The manufacturer warranty that Woot posted for this item is from Future Foam. They have a line of a few different products that they sell. http://www.futurefoam.com/