Luxury Gel 12" Memory Foam Mattress

What is the return policy from the manufacturer? Similar foam mattresses are more expensive but offer a 90 day $ back guarantee.

Memory foam mattresses contain high levels of VOCs. If you or anyone in your home has breathing issues, I would not purchase this mattress. I bought memory foam pillows for the first time and they came from woot. I had a bronchial infection for two months until someone suggested it could be the memory foam. Took out the memory foam, havent had bronchitis since. Be very careful ordering ā€œoff brandā€ memory foam, or brands that donā€™t list their VOC levels.
This is from wikipedia, but there are a lot of articles about VOCs online.
Emissions from memory foam mattresses may directly cause more respiratory irritation than other mattresses.[7] A 2002 Norwegian study has found that foam mattresses are 4 to 8 times more likely to host dust mite feces than spring mattresses.[8]
Memory foam, like other polyurethane products, can be combustible.[9] Laws in several jurisdictions have been enacted to require that all bedding, including memory foam items, be resistant to ignition from an open flame such as a candle or cigarette lighter. US bedding laws that went into effect in 2010 change the Cal-117 Bulletin for FR testing.[10] There is concern that high levels of the fire retardant PBDE, commonly used in memory foam, could cause health problems for users.[11] PBDEs are no longer used in most bedding foams, especially in the European Union.
Manufacturers caution about leaving babies and small children unattended on memory foam mattresses, as they may find it difficult to turn over, and may suffocate.[12]
The United States Environmental Protection Agency published two documents proposing National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP) concerning hazardous emissions produced during the making of flexible polyurethane foam products.[13] The HAP emissions associated with polyurethane foam production include methylene chloride, toluene diisocyanate, methyl chloroform, methylene diphenyl diisocyanate, propylene oxide, diethanolamine, methyl ethyl ketone, methanol, and toluene however not all chemical emissions associated with the production of these material have been classified. Methylene chloride makes up over 98 percent of the total HAP emissions from this industry. Short-term exposure to high concentrations of methylene chloride also irritates the nose and throat. The effects of chronic (long-term) exposure to methylene chloride in humans involve the central nervous system, and include headaches, dizziness, nausea, and memory loss. Animal studies indicate that inhalation of methylene chloride affects the liver, kidney, and cardiovascular system. Developmental or reproductive effects of methylene chloride have not been reported in humans, but limited animal studies have reported lowered fetal body weights in rats exposed.[14]

Florida. Awesome, thanks!

Btw, Iā€™ve purchased 3 mattresses from woot in the past - 1 was the 10" twin, one a 12" twin, and a 12" king size.

I love my king, and my dad is buying because he slept our on 12" twin for 4 months and now hates his.

What is the return policy? I am ready to buy it, but I need to know I can return it without issues if needed. How does one ship a mattress back for returns?

Short story is no returns for buyerā€™s remorse. Hereā€™ Wootā€™s full return policy.

And if thereā€™s an issue with the product? What happens if itā€™s defective? I see on the policy that returns are accepted, but how would one actually ship a mattress back after it has been uncompressed (decompressed?)?

Please note that this mattress is manufactured with CertiPur-US certified memory foam.

CertiPUR-US certified foams are:

āœ“ Made without ozone depleters

āœ“ Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (ā€Trisā€) flame retardants

āœ“ Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals

āœ“ Made without formaldehyde

āœ“ Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission

āœ“ Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)

If you get a defective mattress upon opening, we will replace. Otherwise there is a warranty associated with the mattress.

Itā€™d most likely be a UPS or FedEx pickup. CS could advise on packaging.

We also have memory foam pillows to go with your new mattress.

I bought this mattress a while back on woot. Here is the link to that one. http://home.woot.com/offers/simmons-curv-12-gel-memory-foam-mattress-1

It is a medium but I would say it is slightly on the firm side. on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being firm and 5 being a true medium I would say this is a 6. Personally my wife and I would prefer something a little softer. That being said, we have adjusted to it rather nicely and still get a great nights sleep. It replaced an older memoryfoam (not gel). I do sleep cooler on this new mattress but still warmer than an old spring mattress.

Sometimes we are unable to give out the manufacturer. This is to protect their brand presence in the marketplace at this price.

When I click on the warranty, it links to a page with a mattress topper/pillow warranty. Am I wrong in seeing that this is a full mattress and not just a topper?

We have three of these mattresses, if we had another bed, would have four

Used them the same day they arrived, no odors

Look forward to going to bed now and rave about these exact mattresses all of the time

I just sent this link to two of our previous house guests who have been waiting for these mattresses to come back on Woot

Amazon also has pet-proof, waterproof, covers that are soft and keeps the soft integrity of this mattress

When I click on it I get a full mattress warranty. Try again and tell me what you see.

can anyone tell me how much a king mattress weighs in total?

The king mattress would weigh about 100 lbs.

Gel Memory Foam Layer 3.5 lbs.
Air Flow Comfort Foam Layer 3 lbs.

Since the top 3 inches is the gel-infused layer and the remaining 9 inches is the ordinary foam, itā€™s a 3:1 ratio of 3 lb to 3.5 lb foam, so 1 cubic foot would weigh 3.125 pounds (3 pounds 2 ounces).

76x80x12 = 72960 cu in.
Divide by 1728 = 42.222ā€¦ cu ft in a King size.

4.222ā€¦ x 3.125 = 131.9444ā€¦ pounds. Probably about 140 to 150 pounds with packaging.

Lift with your legs!

How would we confirm the percentage off list price if we donā€™t know the brand? Someone must have the mattress form the last sale of this product. Look on the tag, whatā€™s the brand?

Iā€™m going to guess it is a Simmons Curv mattress. The king Iā€™m considering retails for around $500, so a 20% off or so, it appears.

From a previous woot:
http://home.woot.com/offers/simmons-curv-12-gel-memory-foam-mattress-1