Luxury Gel 12" Memory Foam Mattress

What is the density of the bottom seven inch layer of foam?

Thanks

The support layer is a firm support layer of 2 pound standard support foam.

How much does the king and queen shipped items weigh?

http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5574422

^ From the 10" model previously on woot. Feel free to read the reviews.

The same rep was involved and said the following statement…

“Hi, these are not factory seconds, they are first quality goods. A regular MSRP could be as high as $2,000. A search of 10” Gel Memory Foam mattress would find them for you."

Here are some reviews…

"We got ours yesterday, Full Size. It’s for my Teenage son bed. Pleasantly surprised, it was nicely packaged and the chemical smell is relatively minimal. It is super comfy. I’m regretting not getting one for our room. Hopefully they will offer this again.

Thanks Woot!

-peat"

"Ours arrived today - King. I was a little concerned at first because Fedex had rippped the outer bag. But we quickly saw that it had two more layers of protection. It was quite heavy, (or I am getting old) but we had it up and expanded in less than 15 minutes. It expanded right away. After about two hours it seemed fully expanded to it’s 10 inches.

I’m not sure why you are supposed to let it expand for 48-72 hours. We plan on sleeping on it the first night.

There was virtually no smell at all. A pleasant surprise.

I will report back the firmness of it after our first night. I’m hoping it is on the firmer side like most have reported. I’m on the heavier side - 6’2 and 255. I need the support. "

No additional posts were made so I assume no one had a problem or they’d have posted it.

I purchased the 10" at the last sale. I had one of the more expensive brand mattresses and just could not get a good night’s sleep. If you are in the market for a new mattress, you cannot go wrong with this one for the price. I am 6’3" 250lb and this mattress is plenty firm, has yet to deform at all, and I sleep better than I have in years.

Took the plunge and ordered one…tired of waking up feeling like I’m 85 every morning, hope this helps!

what is the density of the gel memory foam on this mattress?

Glad you enjoy your mattress! The 10" was our mattress as well.

3.5#

This really isn’t much of a deal. Amazon offers 12" memory foam matresses with really good reviews for almost the same price once you include woot’s shipping and taxes the price are really close.

Plus Amazon has prime which you can get the mattress in 2 days and their return policy is a lot easier than woot.

So in closing, shop on Amazon first.

http://www.amazon.com/Signature-Sleep-12-Inch-Memory-Mattress/dp/B005A4OO80

[MOD: No gel. No airflow layer. Not the same.]

Anyone have any info on shipping times. I REALLY want to pull the trigger on this one but I need it before Thanksgiving.

We got the previous 10" version for my son. It’s really a nice mattress. He’s very happy with it. I was hoping they’d have it up again I just got one for our bed. Honestly, while there was a slight chemical odor it was not really that bad to me.

Edit:

added photos and a vid here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109512727678539949818/albums/5950736649621912593?authkey=CK2b7KD27aKNqQE

Please note that mattress is made of standard foam, with no Gel Memory Foam. The other mattress is made in China. While the Woot mattress has foam that is made in the USA with a cover that is made in China. The Woot mattress is Made in the USA using superior product (Gel memory foam)… that makes it a superior mattress for a similar price.

The mattresses will leave our facility either tomorrow or Wednesday, it will take 5 days to ship anywhere in the US. I would expect you would receive it by Wednesday or Friday.

Sorry I can’t be more specific, but you could receive before Thanksgiving.

What’s the ILD of this mattress?

this is a GEL memory foam which is significantly more expensive :slight_smile: - for a gel version with 3 inch 3.5 lb memory foam with convoluted foam layers this is a great deal- a 3 inch gel topper alone will be way over $100 for a twin
…

Being made in the USA might be a hint. I don’t think many of them are. I could be wrong.

Does anyone know how the Woot warranty works in this case? I’ve read on a number of reviews (on a nearly identical mattress) that sometimes they don’t fully expand when they’re taken out of the box, even after several days. Some people have complained of a hump running down the middle that never goes away. In any case, if the mattress needs to be returned, will I have to somehow stuff it back into the box it came in?

If it doesn’t expand or is defective in some way, our company would replace. Without a need to send back, we would just need some basic documentation… Eg. photos.

We stand behind our products and we know you will be receiving a quality product.

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Rest-Comfort-12-Inch-Mattress/dp/B007S822YY

this comes pretty close :-)- excellent ratings