Luxury Gel 14" Gel Memory Foam Mattress - 4 Sizes

Woo, good diss. Never heard that one before. Gonna write that one down.

:tongue:

Wow, very low density indeed on those bottom two layers.

Solid surfaces are actually not ideal foundations for memory foam or latex mattresses. A lack of ventilation can increase the risk of mold, mildew and dust mites. Info here:

We bought a WOOT memory foam 3 years ago and it’s still great. My math was similar: If we had to replace it every 3 years we’d be ahead, so 5 would be a bonus LOL!

How does this arrive when it’s shipped? Can it be left outside for a few hours or does someone need sign for it and take it in right away?

Great link, thanks for posting. There is an article in there though that it important:

The entire mattress, in this example, isn’t “memory foam”. Only the top 3" layer is “memory foam”. The base support is polyfoam which is different. Anything above a 1.8 lb density of polyfoam is considered high density, and “quite suitable for a support layer under memory foam or under a softer top layer of good quality polyfoam or latex”.

The biggest issue is that people don’t put them on the right foundation. Box springs don’t work; you need to put them on a flat surface like a platform bed, or just put a flat piece of plywood under it.

I was just thinking exactly that

Are you expecting them to sell things below cost? They ran out of brown Microsoft Zunes to sell.

Mine came vacuum compressed, folded over, and rolled up in a sealed heavy plastic bag. It weighs a ton and is awkward to move so the likely hood of someone stealing it would be remote. Once the plastic bag is punctured, it starts to inflate fairly quickly…so make sure you have it where you want it when you unwrap it.

Great thing about WOOT, if don’t like today’s offering, you only have to wait until tomorrow for another chance to complain.

These will ship out in 3-5 days and then allow time for transit.

We do not ship items as signature required.

That’s the spirit!

What is Woot’s return policy on this mattress?

It will come compressed in a durable poly bag. You don’t have to open it right away… but you will want get it open and use right away.

You answered this better than I did!

Thank you!

who is the manufacturer?

Nice find! Thanks. Do see the link that I posted above about flat surfaces, though – I’ve seen complaints from people about mold/mildew caused by condensation when there is no ventilation in the foundation.

I was wondering can these be used with electric blankets?

I need help from WOOT. I just ordered this item and the wrong address was added. I am moving out of the state tomorrow. Please help!!! I emailed woot twice and no one has gotten back to me.