M-Audio 88-Key Digital Piano with Sibelius First Notation Software

YOU BROUGHT IT BACK WOOT!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

yeah he 300 was a way better deal not counting the headphones.
This is what happens when Amazon starts making the decisions.

I also have to echo the sentiments of @bongosolo, sibelius is fantastic. my band and I all compose our scores with it. I like it much better than Finale, although lilypond on Linux is another great free alternative.

also, m-audio make some pretty great products. I’d totally buy this if I needed a digital piano.

This is one of the best Woot descriptions in a while. Thanks for the laughs!

Does anyone have personal experience with both this unit and any of the Roland hammer action digital pianos? I have a nice Roland and love it, but how does this unit compare?

That write up needs more harmonica.

And cowbell. You can never have enough cowbell.

There’s nothing in the world to compare with the sound of a full-size concert grand piano, but for 99% of all piano players, this is far more practical.

I’ve never used this exact model, per se, but I have used other M-Audio products and have been very impressed. The weighted action it quite good, and the sounds are top-notch. Get yourself a bench from a local music store, and you’re good to go.

I use a semi-weighted 76-key Kurzweil on one of those scissor stands, so this is a very tempting deal…

We bought the DCP-300 last year - it is a fabulous piano for the price - $699 at the time. The keys feel a bit plastic-y but the sound is amazing so overall I can live with it. Haven’t looked to see the differences between the 200 and 300 but I imagine the sound would be relatively the same.

Sibelius is actually fairly easy to use and get used to if you know basic music theory, and this piano is a really great deal. Personally, I connect my own digital keyboard with a MIDI-USB cable, but the latency is terrible and there’s no easy way to fix it. Not only is this product awesome on it’s own, but it solves that issue as well!

The M-Audio website doesn’t list the 300 model anymore. It seems they only have the 200. Perhaps they don’t make it anymore.

Can this work with the Rock Band 3 Keyboard adapter?

I can’t find a specific answer. In this review Mad Catz global PR manager Alex Verrey said:

“We can’t possibly guarantee compatibility with all MIDI instruments,” warns Verrey, but the MIDI PRO-Adapter “should work with the vast, vast majority.”

weeeeee another clavinova knock off

I have to pull the trigger on this one…I kicked myself for missing the 300 model.

i played around with one of these at a guitar center last year. it does sound great, and the link provided above (http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MAudioDCP200.html
) has an audio sample. the problem is similar to many of the digital pianos–sound can cut in and out. there are delays with the keys, making it difficult to play intricate pieces or staccato.

there is a new Roland out that i just played a few weeks ago and it’s amazing. similar to the new $6,000 Korg which i’m obsessed with (but not willing to go into debt over). i’m loyal to yamaha, as they have pretty consistently great keyboards and digital pianos, as well as the older uprights.

i’m always tempted when i see a good deal on a piano here on woot, but am going to have to pass on this one. in my opinion, the yamaha digital uprights feel and perform much better than this model. they’re a bit more expensive (between $999-$1700) but they are solid and contain all the features one could need. that, and i believe they have the best hammer action feel of any digital pianos out today (aside from aforementioned $6,000 Korg which is quite possibly the most amazing electronic i’ve ever seen in my life).

Same. Just couldn’t let this one go by.

oh, one more thing. i don’t work for yamaha, but just thought i’d throw this in: the yamaha p95 is in this same price range and is considered one of the better performing digital pianos out today. it’s a full 88 keys but doesn’t come with a stand, so it’s just the board. you can buy a stand separately.

the older model (last year) is the p85 which is almost identical but probably $100 cheaper by now.

just saying.

I already have an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 (digital piano MIDI interface), and the action is unbelievable… If this is anywhere close, you can’t beat this deal.

It’ll work with the rockband adapter

Is there a USB cable included, or do you have to purchase that separately?