M-Audio AV30 Studiophile Speakers

This is one heck of a deal. I bought the AV40’s a few months ago and love them. I’m sure the 30’s are just as good.

i think deals.woot has better speakers up right now, new, for the same price, with a 1 yr warantee.

if im not mistaken

You can use them on anything that has a 3.5mm output or RCA outputs. There’s a built-in amp so it doesn’t need a receiver or anything. Plug-in and play.

I got these several Woots ago, and they ae superb. Incredible sound reproduction, I highly recommend them.

you can use them with anything that has a headphone jack ouput or a RCA output, they come with a straight headphone cord or a RCA to headphone cable

lol… nice…

How can anything 3-inches ‘Woof’ ?

If these are only speakers, why are there MINIMUM (SOFTWARE) REQUIREMENTS???

Any one interested in trading a '1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer for a L’il P-Nut’s ‘91 Camry?

They are great speakers. I got them from woot a while back and they were a little cheaper last time, but they are pretty awesome on the desktop.

They can go pretty loud and have really great, clear sound.

I’ve been using a couple for months now-- excellent sound quality. They won’t shake your desk with bass or anything, but they’re far from tinny.

I own a pair of these from Woot from about two years ago. They are still going strong. Great price and they sound awesome for a PC. Pretty flat frequency response for music. at $65 shipped its a great deal

in for one, but discovered there’s problems with some kind of breakage / overheating issue:

http://forums.m-audio.com/archive/index.php/t-11084.html

Bought these off Woot a few years ago. One of the speakers fried (literally) after a few years of use. They also started humming pretty early on.

Tried to get warranty credit, but M-Audio is impossible to deal with.

Great sound, don’t last, horrific customer service.

they come with some audio software, you don’t need the software to use them just plug into stereo head phone jack or RCA output

also nice feature is they have a headphone output jack just incase you want to use that also

I bought these because you all asked me to and they sound wonderful in print. When they arrive at my doorstep, I expect amazing things and music to my ears.

I’ll get you Albini for 2.5 points… if that’s too much for you, then I’ve got this who knows this guy who was in Leno’s old band. Probably $5g is all…

The problem with music…

http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

I’m in for a pair. Review on Wootazon hinted that the 40’s were better, but, duh, they are more expensive, and I think 4" woofers. But, they should be fine for filling up a room with sound while projecting a video.

I mean, hams listen a lot anyway, right?

I’m surprised these didn’t fly out of here faster, generally when the AV30s come up they are one of 3 items offered that day for a choice of M-Audio Studio equipment, and I swear every time the speakers are gone first.

I never had any issue with the pair I’m still listening to… of course, I live in a snowy wasteland, and don’t believe in letting the house temp go over 65 in the winter…