M-Audio Pro Tools KeyStudio

Play them off, Woot kitty

M-Audio Pro Tools Keystudio- Comes with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential including 60+ different Virtual Instrument sounds. PC and Mac compatible.

Links:
The M-Audio Pro Tools Keystudio-
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProToolsKeyStudio.html
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential-
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.bundled&ID=50a10130480a3cd3635e77ed72c233ce
YouTube- “Getting Started Part 1 of 2”-

YoutTube- “Getting Started Part 2 of 2”-

Will this work with GarageBand?

I saw that “maybe all his friends are over at Woot.com today”, and wondered -
“Why is this keyboard friends with 16 ShamWows?”

Then Woot.com updated… :slight_smile:

watch out kiddies, M-Audio apparantly uses lead paint to give the keys their color. There’s a sticker on the manual that warns users of lead poisoning =P

[MOD ADDITION, thank you CaptainWes & ChefRAZ]

From the M-audio website

This warning label is now required on all electronics devices that contain lead. The keyboard contains lead soldering on the circuit board, which is something you will never come in contact with under normal use. If you ever take the unit apart, which we don’t recommend, you’ll just want to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water afterwards. This will remove any trace of lead that may have rubbed of on you. We understand the concern that such a label would cause, but we can assure you that you are not in any danger while using this product as intended.

Yeah, it’s class compliant so just plug it in and Garage Band will detect it right away.

works GREAT with garageband! Thats all I use mine with! I don’t use the software it comes with (that only worked on windows for me).

Also, I bought mine back when woot had this in a 4 product deal (you choose 1 of the 4) and I got mine for 49.99 + shipping. I guess woot wanted 20 more bucks this time!

YouTube videos:

KeyStudio™ Getting Started (1 of 2) - Pro Tools® M-Powered™ Essential

2 of 2

Review_M-Audio Pro Tools Keystudio

Previous Woot includes this

basic info vid…

Thanks for the info. Now I feel like maybe I should wait and see if the price will go back down… Maybe like during a Woot Off… (crosses fingers)

2-1/2 stars from Amazon, $127.42 new:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Pro-Tools-Keystudio/dp/B002P3KIOI

The only heavy metal poisoning will be the one from someone trying to butcher Poison songs on this thing. According to the manufacturer’s website it’s a California Proposition 65 statement, which is pretty much on EVERYTHING.

Argh, curses. I’ve been patiently waiting for another M-Audio deal, but I’d been holding out for the KeyStudio 25, last seen in June 2009.

Hopefully it’ll pop up again before December. Really hoping to be able to pick one up as a Christmas present.

This works great with Garageband, Logic and Protools, it’s what i use to do all my piano parts, the sensitivity is great, no they’re not weighted but i’m not a keys player so that doesn’t bother me. It does feel kind of cheap so i wouldn’t recommend taking it out on the road without a case. It’s pretty much everything you’d want in a midi keyboard, the 4 octaves are just the right amount for me, and its easy to switch octaves.

Perhaps if it were more than four octaves . . .

I wish Woot would bring back Home Pianos on their site…

from the folks at m-audio

This warning label is now required on all electronics devices that contain lead. The keyboard contains lead soldering on the circuit board, which is something you will never come in contact with under normal use. If you ever take the unit apart, which we don’t recommend, you’ll just want to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water afterwards. This will remove any trace of lead that may have rubbed of on you. We understand the concern that such a label would cause, but we can assure you that you are not in any danger while using this product as intended.

You can bank through the octaves.