Macwheel 27.5" Electric Bike Macmission

Macwheel 27.5" Electric Bike Macmission

1 Like

It’s only six miles to my grocery store. I could see this being a way cool grocery getter. Any chance there is a front and/or rear basket option?

5 Likes

hi there. Not from us but I would think a standard bike basket would fit.

2 Likes

So looking at most the pics of this bike, it didn’t appear to have any braze-ons. I did find a YT review of this one though, and in that video you can clearly see that there are some on the seat stays (the stays do some weird wishbone thing just before the seat tube, so they’re really close together… might take a little tinkering). There also appear to be a couple threaded holes on the rear dropouts, so a standard rack should be doable.

The forks look to have braze-ons at the ends as well… so some front racks/baskets should work. The type that attach to caliper cantilever brake mounts would not work since this bike doesn’t have those.

There is always the seat post clamp-on rear rack option… then you could hang panniers or baskets from that. Just need to lower the fender some if you also have that on the bike.

2 Likes

Wait, what? I thought it was supposed to take me places?!

5 Likes

Is the seat height adjustable?

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it be? Anyway, it is. Here’s a picture in the manual:

Manual available here:

Website here: https://www.imacwheel.com

1 Like

I got this from Woot last time it was on here. Excellent E-bike for the money. Great range.

5 Likes

@narfcake Is there a bike lock that the lock picking lawyer hasn’t beaten?

Or at least the best bike lock?

Thx

2 Likes

He’s just about gotten into every lock. That said, he personally uses the Kryptonite Evolution:

Though it’s not the most secure core, the rest of the OKG is good:

And of course, there the Fahgettaboudit.

6 Likes

Thanks Narf! That’s a very thorough post!

1 Like

What is the max weight allowance on the bike?

2 Likes

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION:

* Max Load: 308 lbs

2 Likes

Screw it. Spring has to come someday.

Gimmie the darn bike.

6 Likes

It does look like fun.

3 Likes

And it has fenders so I won’t have a stripe of muddy water on my back…my last bike got stolen a decade ago…I wasn’t over it until just now, today.

3 Likes

I have a mint green huffy safely tucked away in my garage where even I can’t get to it. Bike rides are nice.

1 Like

I wanna get a sissy bar, a banana seat, and high-rise handlebars for it.

With streamers.

5 Likes

I have a basket and fenders.

2 Likes

Yup, I’ll need some saddle bags or baskets so I can ride to the grocery store. I think Wal-Mart has a bike rack out front.

I wonder how much one of those high orange flags things cost?

2 Likes