Magellan 4.7" GPS Lifetime Maps/Traffic

Anyone have any input on this? I am like my old Garmin, but I am wondering about the performance. I feel it may be a good Christmas gift for the GF? This way she can’t ever say she’s late because she’s lost or the maps on her old GPS unit isn’t updated!

You mean I can still update this unit when I’m 95 and lost because I can’t remember why I left or where I left from??? Well, as long as I have accurate maps it won’t be too bad!

Free “lifetime” anything is a great deal. A lot of my friends use Magellan Handheld GPSs for geo-cache’ing and hunting and they love them.

There is no “spice route” feature.

Dealbreaker.

Does this have a speed limit indicator?

My dad is looking for a GPS that accepts video input from a backup camera. Anybody know if this has that capability?

If not, any models to recommend that will?

TIA! :wink:

Anyone know if the Traffic Wakeup also automatically shutdown the GPS or do you have to manually shut it off?

edit:
hmmm, seems like I misunderstood that function? Do you set your commute at 9am and it just auto wakeup at 8:30 and start downloading traffic info? Guess I need to do more reading.

Like free lifetime herpes, for example?

this unit has a short list of pre-loaded map regions; does anyone know if other regions are available and if they are accessible for the same price?

What is a spice route?

Definition of lifetime, from Magellan’s website:

"Maps entitles you to receive up to four (4) map updates per year, for the life of the GPS receiver or until Magellan no longer receives relevant map data. Internet connection and Content Manager required. "

Woot had this two months ago:

https://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5164584&pageindex=1&replycount=58#post5164653

Android and Iphones have replaced these old devices. Fax your order in. :smiley:

Any info on the warranty? This might be a good gift for Christmas but I would hate to purchase one that gets opened Christmas morning, has an issue but only has a 30 day return policy.

I thought Michigan was a good school. Read up on your history.

DON’T BUY THIS. NOT WORTH EVEN AT THIS PRICE. I WAS GIVEN ONE BY MY COMPANY AND THE PROCESSOR IS EXTREMELY SLOW AND THIS IS NOT ACCURATE BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION. I HARDLY USE IT. A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. LOOK FOR GARMIN PRODUCT NOT MAGELLAN.

You can always find the warranty info at the bottom of the Features tab on the sale’s detail page. This is a new item and carries a 1-year Magellan warranty.

Again, linking to the four Magellan songs featured here on woot.

More related stuff in thiswoot blog post.

:wink:

because we all know the iphone5 map app is just soooooooooo accurate.

Magellan website has MSRP at $119.99… still a good deal.