Magnavox 32” 720p LCD HDTV

here’s some reviews over at CNet

and some more over at amazon

is this able to be hooked up to a wall mount? description doesnt say anything about it, and the picture isn’t super clear on whether or not it has the right stuff in the back.

also, does anyone have any suggestions for a wall mount? nothing super fancy, just enough to get the job done and not drop the TV in the middle of the night.

Thanks!

Get your wall mount from monoprice and save serious cash. Wall mounts are damn near like HDMI cables, etc. when it comes to mark up.

Averaged 3.5 stars on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Magnavox-32-22-720p-HDTV-32MF338B/dp/B001262W9S

previous woot
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3645413

here’s the user manual as a pdf

and the closest thing to a product website

Yay, another TV Woot. So let’s get this out of the way.

HDMI WILL LOOK THE SAME AS COMPONENT! How your TV takes it is another story. But if you have the choice, go HDMI. One cable and there are usually no problems.

720p is the purest form of HD. Anything higher is being upscaled. That being said, at 32 inches you shouldn’t worry too much. It’ll still look great.

WOW. Never heard of monoprice before, their prices are literally 1/3 those of everyone else. thank you very much!!!

website

http://www.magnavox.com/p/index_tv.php?id=11

looks like a very nice price. I wonder if this would work well as a PC monitor

Got this during the summer. Very happy with it especially when hooking up with hi-def signal. Upconverting DVD player attached with HDMI looks good too.

Awesome size for the bedroom. You won’t get a better deal…just don’t expect a state-of-the-art home theater built around this model/size.

Thought about wall mounting…but saved enough room by upgrading to flat screen that it seemed like over kill.

The tech specifications says it supports up to 1080i, anyone else see that

Monoprice or Parts-Express will get you the best deals.

Parts-Express

Monoprice

If you don’t like the idea of buying refurbished, Sears has a Sylvania 32" 720p LCD HDTV for the same $299.99. The Sylvania is made by the same company that makes the Magnavox (Funai Corp.) and I would imagine that it is VERY similar in picture quality.

It should be noted that you can also get the Sears deal in time for Christmas by selecting in-store pickup.

Sylvania 32" 720p LCD HDTV

Should be a variety of places to get them from, monoprice is a good bet.

I bougght this TV the last time they had it on woot. It works well. As expected the contrast isn’t great, but it’s not bad for an LCD (I also have 2 plasmas). The HD Tuner works well and I was able to get all the OTA HD channels in my area with a small antenna. Works well with non-converter box cable as well. The only complaint I had was not with the TV but with the packaging. It came in a very flimsy box that was torn when it was delivered, but, luckily the TV wasn’t damaged.No problems after several months.

I got this mount for it at Buy.com

Oh Funai is still around? and just because it’s the same factory, it doesn’t mean they are using the same quality of parts or even level of quality control…

The manual says “YES”.

I don’t think so. My 24’ Samsung is at 1900x1200, and if I’m coding/doing other text work it’s just about where I want it to be. If it was any lower resolution I’d be afraid that the text would be large, and unsightly.