Magnavox Blu-ray audio troubleshooting

I got a Magnavox NB500MG1F Blu-ray player from Woot recently and am having an issue with audio. The volume for dialogue is much lower than that for SFX and BGM. I’m sure I have to change something in the audio settings on the player, as I have experienced this issue with DVD in the past. My Panasonic DVD player had a “Cinema Voice” setting that you could turn on to solve the problem. This Magnavox doesn’t have any dumbed down options like that though. Anyway, if you know of a quick fix, please let me know!

I can’t specifically tell you where to adjust this on your model. But dialog being too low is your front center channel. Find your adjustment for that and you’ll probably be fine.

Edit: If you have this player connected to a surround receiver, your adjustment would most likely be done there, not the player.

I went into the audio menu and found the adjustment for my channels - there is only a left and right channel, none in the center. The player is connected to my Sharp Aquos by HDMI. I don’t know if it has a surround receiver in it, or what. The TV audio menu, like the BD player’s, only allows me to adjust the balance of the left and right speaker.

I appreciate your help. Let me know if you can think of anything else. Peace!

Yeah, you can chuck my original theory out the window. I assumed you were running a surround setup and not straight to the tv.

The only other thing I can think of here is make sure you’re selection dolby 2.0 and not dolby 5.1 from your Blu-ray (movie) menu.

You are running stereo (2-channel) setup and only want to utilize those 2 channels.

Many blu-ray disks default to 5.1