MAINStage Sound System

yowsers… where’d they find this one?.. here’s the comparison shopping links… i tried my best on this one… rough night… but the reviews are real real good… i’m torn.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

MAINStage Sound System
$119.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Soundmatters MAINstage One-Box Home Theater System
Color: Grey, Silver

ohmygod i need this but i live in an apt

Looks to be about the same dimensions as a Bose center speaker. And if it takes the place of an entire surround sound this may be woot of the year.

i so want one, but my bank account cries, “oh christ! we want one too but the banks they see no moneys!!”
sad times.

Can you say Bose lookalike?

Where was this 2 years ago. The price keeps getting cheaper on woot. I ended up putting the 5.1 speaker set in the family room and I have a 7.1 in the theater room and I am happy with my regular tv in my bedroom and guest room. When woot puts it for 49.99 I upgrade both bedrooms.

Refurb = Weak

Froogle

Sorry, just kidding. No Froogle today… :frowning:

Seems to be an esoteric item. I’ve never heard of it, at least.

oh man this would be perfect had I not bought that surround system from yesterday’s sellout.woot

I bought one last time. It works pretty good. Sounds do come from the sides. Don’t know how they do it, but it’s the easiest sound system to wire. I’d say it’s perfect for a bedroom.

wow, it takes a lot of balls to call a 4" speaker a subwoofer

I have this and it works great. The sound is pretty amazing for something the size of a DVD player. It’s a big improvement over the puny speakers on the TV and doesn’t take up much room. For the price, it’s a great deal. Plus the company stands behind their product - they sent me a replacement when the first one started buzzing soon after I got it and it’s worked fine for the past year.

CNET gives it a 6 out of 10

Cnet Review

PCMag gives it 4 out of 5
PCMag Review

another Review

and yet 1 more review

So after reading everything, overall, these seem like a good deal for a small cheap surround sound system. My one main concern is the HISS that people seem to be having with this system. That would be annoying.

Woot has balls my friend

Hmm… Reminds me of Bose… L O L… I just bought the TIMEX with XM and it works great… Going to bed… Good night everyone.

my idea, if you want surround sound, then buy surround sound. personally i have never found one piece speaker systems to even be almost as good as a real surround sound system of camparable price. however, this is very cheap. It would be interesting to try, but i’m not sure if i would take it over the system i have already got.

$399 at Crutchfield…I was tempted but I have invested more in my current setups that would not even compare

CNET Review… probably the best you’ll get: http://reviews.cnet.com/separate-speakers/soundmatters-mainstage/4505-7869_7-30421909.html