Make a Case for the New Year

I recognize some of these labels. Let’s fill this thread up with some tasting notes!

Make a Case for the New Year

Healdsburg Ranches 2009 North Coast Zinfandel 12-Pack
$105.99 (Normally $166.42) 36% off List Price
2009 Healdsburg Ranches North Coast Zinfandel

Clif Climber 2010 Mixed Case
$89.99 (Normally $193.30) 53% off List Price
2010 Clif Climber Red
2010 Clif Climber White

Geyser Peak 2009 Sonoma County Chardonnay Case
$89.99 (Normally $212.30) 58% off List Price
2009 Chardonnay, Sonoma County

Copa Del Rey Mixed 2009 Chilean Case
$104.99 (Normally $170.35) 38% off List Price
2009 Copa del Rey Rapel Valley Chilean Chardonnay
2009 Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon

We just received the Clif Climber mixed case. I’ve tried the white, which I found dry, grassy, and nice. Husband tried both the red and white and…I quote… “I like them both” (that’s about the most complex review he gives). :slight_smile: Good deal for the price, for sure.

edit: so good that we just ordered another case of it!

Thanks for the mixed cases woot. I won’t grab them this time though.

I got the Climber mixed case last time it was up. So far, drank two of the reds and was pleasantly surprised. Juicy and smooth. Definitely good QPR. I would recommend it.

Wife has not tried the white yet so can’t comment.

Any notes regarding the HR Zin would be greatly appreciated.

How can I get this HR wine to my house in VA???

It is a case of HR Zin- what more do you need to know??!

I bought this Clif Climber mixed case the last time it was offered. The case came with only 6 reds and FIVE whites. I wrote to WOOT CS and they are looking into getting me another bottle. I have not heard back yet, but I’m sitting patiently since it’s the Holiday season. I wrote to the vineyard but never heard a word from them.

I did try one white and foud it a good “daily wine” but it had a significant amount of crystals in it - tartartic acid? I inspected a second white tht also has crystals.

Thanks genius, anything useful to add ?

Trying the Clif Climber right now (opened Saturday). Not convinced, did not impress me.
It was very ‘tight’ when opening, day two tasted better. Goes well enough with food, but wouldn’t sip it on its own.

Lacks in nose, mouth, finish. did not perceive it to be complex either.

But then I am a fan of the big and the bold in red wine.

I had $5 bottles of wine that tasted better.

Well, it is just a good QPR. A nice every day wine, light fruit forward but a little hot on the finish. Overall, great price for an everyday drinker. Please know that I am not a genius, even about wine!!

I’ve tried the Clif Climber red and, well … there’s wine you drink on a special occasion, wine you drink mid-week for something with dinner, and wine you drink because it’s taking up space in your garage. Unfortunately, to my admittedly untrained palate, this one falls into the latter category.

Haven’t tried the white yet, though.

No notes or thoughts on the Chilean case? A little leery of taking a 12 bottle plunge without any feedback.

Pretty sure a search of threads will yield some results for you, something I’m just not gonna do for you from a mini…
Copa has been up many times.

Yea, a google search actually pulled up several hits from previous sales on woot.

Just figured, with everyone talking up (or down) the Cliff Climber, someone might have something pertinent to MY interests.

I’be bought the Copa Cab 2 of the last 3 times it was offered. I like it a lot. Good body, nose, and finish. I taste a nice spice/pepper in it which I like quite a bit (I like the bold Reds). For this price it’s a great buy…I’ve never tried the white though. Since I have no interest/use for the white, and I still have a case of the Cab, I’m going to pass.

I am thinking about the Zin…any more input on that one?