Malbec Grenache Cab Blanc Noir

I’m thinking of retiring there, so I want to go at the worst weather time to see if I can handle it.

I haven’t been around in a while, so I might’ve missed previous offers – but this Grenache Blanc looks fantastic.
There aren’t a ton of stats, but the alc % looks manageable and the farm appears to be bio (cue nasty comments from Kyle, etc).
CT notes aren’t glowing, but reading btw the lines, it sounds like a white rhone that’s more to my palate than the tasters. Looks like a buy.

Living in Austin, where it will be around 100° for the next week. Should I hold off on buying any wine due to the heat related with shipping?

WD just posted this in the daily thread:

I, uh, yeah. Guilty.

hahah! Too easy.

It’s heavier than I thought it would be but had a nice flavor profile. My wife didn’t want it again but I thought it was an interesting style and liked it more than she did.

We are running low on Pinot, so, since I pulled the trigger on the SH Syrah, I went in for one of the "So Be It"s.

Is there anything better than good-quality $11.50/bottle (w/tax & shipping) Pinot?

had some of the malbec a few days ago while “crafting” (drinking wine and sewing). really my friend just made me taste it to see if she had really let it skunk. she left it in her car for 3 weeks in hot and humid florida.

moral of the story: like milk gone bad, when someone says “hey try this i think it’s skunked,” it’s a trap! do not try it; it really is skunked.

i’m sure it’s a good wine when not skunked (i had the RBW cab and that’s pretty good).

Damn. I would have jumped on that Malbec.

I’m curious about the Grenache. I haven’t seen it here before, but I don’t check in often. I have, however, seen the Copa about 12 times… can’t believe that stuff it still hanging around.

I live in Austin, and Woot summer shipping generally works. Just make sure you get your delivery sent to a UPS Store or Fedex location so that it isn’t driving around all day in the heat.

It’s been offered at least 20 times, no exaggeration. WD said it was the best-selling woot-off wine ever.

And as many wines as I have bought here and as long as I’ve been around these parts, I have never bought it.

I’m very bummed I missed a chance to grab more of the Malbec. If you find extra bottles, I volunteer to give you money for them!

I’ve never bought it, either. I’ve been tempted by the price point, but kept away by the sheer number of times I’ve seen it up for grabs.