Mama Bev's Butter Cake, 3 Pack

I’m debating about just going straight to the party size so my family can share a small piece.

That’s “a small piece.”

3 Likes

We tried. :sweat_smile:

We feel this is sufficient. Sharing IS caring after all.

2 Likes

Got these last time. Excellent!

1 Like

I bought these in a previous sale. They were delivered during that awful heat wave a few weeks ago in the southwest and the ice packs and cakes were warm when they arrived. I threw them in the freezer with some trepidation and luckily they tasted fine.

1 Like

Mama Bev will probably pop in here in a bit to say this as well…

The cakes are shipped frozen with the cold packs to help them slowly defrost in transit. It’s fine if it arrives warm. Just pop in the fridge and they’ll be yummy.

So happy that you loved them! Woot!

@ThunderThighs is correct, we ship our cakes with ice packs not to keep them frozen, but to extend the time it take for your cakes to defrost. When your cakes arrive, we want them to be defrosted, so that they may be enjoyed right away. They were perfectly safe to eat, as you found out.

Just and FYI- Our cakes can also be warmed up in a microwave for a custard-like treat! :yum: :yum:

Use or Freeze by 10/21/2020

Hard to do with my order arriving AFTER that date!

thanks for the followup. I was not aware of this.

I ordered my first. I’m tired of only reading about these.

I am gonna dive in!

2 Likes

Not sure why it says that, but our cakes are shelf stable for up to 2 weeks, can be kept refrigerated up to 2 months, or kept frozen for up to 9 months after receiving them.

Yes! You will be so glad you did!

The last time I ordered these they were a ridiculous crumbly mess. Like all crumbs and smashed insides up against the plastic. All 3 of them. Has this problem been fixed?

The reason your cakes were crumbled and misshaped was because of the mishandling of the cakes during shipment. We apologize for the mishandling of your cakes. When we partner with Woot, we do not have control over who our shipping partner is. We also do not have control over how the cakes are treated once they leave our hands. Although we try our best to minimize mishandling with labels and ice packs, sometimes the labels fall on deaf ears. If there is ever a problem with your cakes, we are more than happy to rectify the issue. We aim for our guests to have a great experience with us.

2 Likes

I have bought these in the past. Don’t expect them to look as nice as if you picked them up from the store. In other words, buy them for yourself. They probably won’t look good enough to serve to company. One of the ones I received was almost reduced to bite sized pieces. It tasted good, though.

We apologize that your cakes were mishandled. When you purchase directly from us, our cakes tend to be treated better as we have more control over our shipping partner. As you can see below, we have had guests very happy with the state of their cakes, which could be served to company.

No matter how you order, we can promise that we will make sure that you are satisfied with your purchase.

Every guest is important to us!

3 Likes

I bought some last time they were on offer (I think it was the last time, anyway) and mine arrived in mostly great shape.

3 Likes

Hey, if ya’ll do get a bit of crumbles save them into a container to use over icecream. And you can also cut these cakes into small pieces, microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds, then put into parfait dishes and top with a small dollop of whipped cream.
I guarantee your guests will lick their lips and say…mmmmmm!

4 Likes

Keep it going!! It can’t end so soon!

1 Like