ManCan Universe - Your Choice

Search on: mini keg growler stainless for more options.

Growl Tap for glass growlers.

http://peachtreegrowlerco.com/turn-your-growler-into-a-mini-keg-with-tapitcap/

I feel the same way. The cap alone is selling on Amazon for $60, or $75 for the Faucet version.

I already own several 5gal and 2.5gal kegs. Having a nice little 1gal will be nice for taking to my favorite breweries.

The complaints against it are due to the regulator. I’m just going to keep this in my kegerator and hook it up to a real CO2 tank which doesn’t require any modifications.

Things like the growler tap will help keep the beer carbonated. But you need to keep exposing it to oxygen everytime you want to pour some.

My problem w/that is the size… a couple growler-sized containers fit my purpose better because I can only get distributors to fill kegs, which generally limits my selection to suck-ass brews. If my aim is quality microbrews, I’ll find more and better options of growler fills than I would keg fills. Better variety in my fridge too.

Sure, but expect to burn through a number of the CO2 cartridges to do so.

Source of knowledge: I’m a crazy-avid, blue-ribbon-winning home brewer with extensive experience kegging and bottling beer.

The good news (and what tempted me at all) is the gas and liquid post connections appear to be standard ball lock cornelius keg connections as is standard in the homebrew community. In other words, use your own (or a cheaply-sourced) legit regulator with a grey quick disconnect as pictured, and you’re off to the races. There is much to love about this system. For me, I think the parties I attend will still be better served by 2.5 gallon kegs (which equals a case of beer).