Mani Foods Imported Whole (with pits) Greek Olive Mix

Thou art more witty than I

:slight_smile:

:meh:

just got these in the mail a few days ago. way way way too saltyā€¦

For reference, grocery store olives are around $5 a pound, though thatā€™s without pits.

Also for reference, I hate the flavor of (grocery store) olives due to some obnoxious vinegar flavor in there (which is odd, since they donā€™t add vinegar.) But soak them in 3-4 changes of clean water, drain, and add a little salt and hot sauce, and I can put down a large jar in just a few sittings.

The thing looks like a garbage disposal unit.

Iā€™m surprised that no one else gave this comment an ā€œAwesome!ā€

Great gift for my wifeā€¦coupled with the wine from the other day, sheā€™ll be enjoying what I wish I only could!

Ahā€¦stuck in Afghanistan

good on ya, man!

Keep your head down, recce can be dicey, right?

Picture says 2 kg. Text says 1.8 kg. Who you gonna believe?

You wonā€™t, itā€™s normal. Thatā€™s why there is that big plastic grate thing on top, to keep the olives under it/help you access them around it.

You donā€™t have to worry too much about mold growing in a salt solution, as salt severely limits mold growth.

The goverment :slight_smile:

Not impressed with this price considering I can get them on amazon close to the sameā€¦just sayinā€¦come on ā€œwoot-offā€ā€¦do better for me here

Nix thatā€¦the ones I get are just the kalamataā€¦not mixedā€¦but still, I prefer those

I have an olive bar at my local Italian Market, where I can pick the olives I want without pits and they cost $4.99 a pound and no shipping. And I donā€™t have to purchase this amount at once. So NO DEAL for me!

Link? The only Mani Kalamatas that I can find on Amazon are $22.99 PLUS $13.49 for shipping. Thatā€™s a considerable bit more money than these mixed. If you have a better deal, donā€™t be holding out! Share the wealth. :slight_smile:

Boo - wake up to see flashing lights and olives. Then figure out I missed the SH magnum. Angry like Kanye!

Of the woots Iā€™ve wooted, this is the one I wish I could un-woot.

These just came in the mail a few days ago, almost all of them are mushy, almost the texture of a black oil cured olive. Maybe they were exposed to too much heat along the way, curious to know what experience others have had. Anyway, for now Iā€™ll stick with the local olive bars.

Only 2 kg? Hardly a snack. Gotta sign up for monthly delivery of the 40 pounder.
Adequate supply of olives

Bought these last Spring, put them out at a party and everyone loved them!!!