Marantz ZR6001SP 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver with DAvED and ZC4001 Client

NO HDMI???

This is already outdated. I love the 7.1 channel, even though most DVD’s, except of course Blu Ray, only use 5.1. The extra speakers will only cost you more money without practical use.
Saying that, I own a Yamaha 7.1 system and LOVE IT! It just make my entertainment room, well go ZOOM ZOOM!

This is a lot of money for a system that is already outdated. If you have 7.1 you want to be able to use HDMI.

Pass, or get this under $300 for a spare receiver!

What the heck is a DAvED & ZC4001 Client?

This seems like a decent deal but unfortunately, there is no way I can justify buying this while having two receivers in the house.

Ask your Dad about Marantz - used to be one notch under McIntosh!

Are you serious? Marantz is one of the better brands out there, read this:

and this (Cnet Review)

damn beaten like a red-headed stepchild

this is available for $497 shipped on ebay

Its got full RGB output, and honestly they have done testing which PROVES that the visual difference for an average person between HDMI and RBG isn’t noticeable.

There is absolutely no sense in purchasing a receiver that has no HDMI at this point. Even though it’s a pretty good deal for what you get, if you own an HDTV or plan on purchasing one, you’re better off looking around for something more compatible.

And stop deleting my posts telling everyone that there will be a Woot Off on January 25th. You can’t hide the truth!

Sony has the ES line.
Pioneer has the Elite line.
Philips has the Marantz Line. (Sorry, Didn’t know it was bought by D&M)

I own 2 Marantz receivers and love them both. Highly recommended! I might consider this except I would have to buy another pair of matching speakers.

Shopzilla Prices - from $799.95 (SmartChoice), lowest is $589 from ebid
Froogle Prices - from $599.97

sorry about my other post, forgot to paste the url’s in :smiley:

CNET editors’ review
Very good
out of 10

The good: The Marantz ZR6001SP system bundles a 7.1-channel A/V receiver with a speaker-enabled audio client (the ZC4001) that can be linked together through your home’s AC electrical wiring to stream audio from room to room. Up to five additional audio clients can be used with one receiver, which acts as an audio server. Setup is plug-and-play, and multiple clients can simultaneously access and control audio sources attached to the main receiver.

The bad: Transmissions are limited to analog audio sources–video and digital audio cannot be streamed, and there’s no built-in support for XM satellite radio. The fidelity of the system’s ZC4001 audio client isn’t any better than a decent table radio. The receiver lacks HDMI switching and automatic speaker calibration. And Marantz sells this multiroom system with just one remote.

The bottom line: The Marantz ZR6001SP makes multiroom audio as easy to setup as plugging a power cord into the wall.

Marantz product site…

http://us.marantz.com/Products/1545.asp

Anyone else scared by that picture of the back panel? D:

It’s overkill for a TV and a few video game systems.

ZR6001SP Includes ZC4001 Client with DAvED technology
$1299.99
from Marantz website. apparently they think highly of their product

Not rly.

how ironic, the first wooter is named lemon

Marantz is a fantastic brand, one of the absolute best. and No HDMI… well this same quality reciever with HDMI pass through is going to be about double the cost, so if you dont absolutely need hdmi this is GREAT

It lets you use your electric wiring in your house to pass audio.

Anyway, Marantz has top notch audio quality.

marantz is one of the best sounding receivers on the market. I dont know why you guys care so much about HDMI when most of you just watch dvd movies (which dont really need hdmi) and listen on crappy speakers anyways.

According to CNET: “Marantz America will not honor the warranty on Marantz components purchased from unauthorized dealers.”

So, Woot, are you an authorized dealer?