Marilyn Meritage 6-Bottle Box Set

Marilyn Meritage 6-Bottle Box Set
$159.99 $330.00 52% off List Price
2010 Marilyn Meritage, Napa Valley
CT link above

Winery website

I have to say, the idea of a pop culture/licensed wine that deserves to go at $27 a bottle (little yet the $60 a bottle list price) strains credulity a bit. Though I suppose we can at least rest easy that this isn’t a moronic vanity project by the celebrity herself, which weeds out the worst of that sort of wine…

Nova has been releasing these “Marilyn” vintages for a number of years now all based on generally anonymous source generic blends. The terms “cult wine” and “gimic” are used a lot when you can find reviews. That, combined with relatively tepid CT scores on the entire “Marilyn” line make this a pass for me.

But with 18% currently showing purchasing 2 I guess someone finds it appealing… Someone should slap a Kardashian or Beyonce on bottles of Wild Irish Rose and make a killing…

Reminds me of a joke… If Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were both drowning in your pool, and you could only save one, which one would you save?

I’d have to think about it after pondering which bottle of wine to open with dinner, while I finish a Churchill cigar.

Kanye of course!

“Full-Bodied.
Some like it Merlot. (Uh. Pronounced phonetically.)
'Roe, 'roe, 'roe Monroe
America’s beauty queen
Marilyn, Marilyn, Marilyn, Marilyn
Once was Norma Jean”

lol!

Kim would probably float.

But luckily, she’d be floating face down.

saw one different . “If Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were both drowning in your pool, and you could only save one, What kind of sandwich would you make?”

I was hoping for more info on this wine. I LOVED the Uvada merlot that was offered a while back - that was probably the best QPR wine I ever bought. I would have been happy with it at 3x the price.

The winery does get their grapes from a number of places, but at least for a while some of those were Beckstoffer vineyards. I’m not sure where they source the grapes for the wine currently on offer, but I am tempted to get some of this, even though I have no where left to celler it…

Has anyone, anywhere, tried this wine, and if so do you perchance have any comments to share?