Maryhill Winemaker's Red (6)

I see what you did there.

This is almost certainly the case. They simply forgot to include the word “new” in the spec. And as far as the oak it’s probably 100% french since they’re trying to replicate Bordeaux.

Present!

Last night was a bottle of Wellington’s Grenache - thanks woot. I’m feeling the 15.5% this morning.

I’m in for a sixer of this.

I’m in - if for no other reason than I left town for a month and everyone drank my daily drinkers. Rude!

At least restocking is fun. :slight_smile:

Kaolis buying is the surest sign autumn is upon us I know of!

There are still 90 minutes of Summer left.

Love me some Maryhill. At first it said I missed out but I would not settle for that so I backed out and hit the button again. In for two! Have a good weekend. Last Wooter to Woot! TTBOY23

I love the fact that the northwest always lights up when a NW wine is up on woot.

way to take care of your own!

Also, they probably know the winery well and have a better understanding of how good of a deal it is (if I do say so myself).

Went in for one but no MD or SC. :frowning: I guess that means none of this for me but more $ for Wellington next time!

There isn’t much about this wine that is like Bordeaux except the CS, Merlot, and CF and I’ll even throw in the 40% ‘French’ oak staves. Syrah??!!

From the winery description:

*"This blend is layered with jammy, rich, red fruit flavors, lined with hibiscus, tar and sweet cedar notes. Pleasing, balanced finish.

A slight smoky aroma with hints of blueberry, boysenberry, cherry and plum. Blueberry notes on the palate are accented by cherry and vanilla."*

I’m sure that his is a nice wine for the price if you like jammy, fruit forward, ‘new world’ style wines, I’ll bet Kyle would love it. I have drank a lot of Bordeaux from $5.00 bottles up to the very best ones and I have never drank one that fit the above description. As I said, I am sure if you like the style it is a nice wine but please don’t say it resembles Bordeaux.

'tis the season right? Glad to check in on a repeat. And looking forward to the new things you’re hiding in your back pocket.

Syrah in Bordeaux:

http://palatepress.com/2015/01/wine/super-bordeaux-bordelais-experiment-syrah/

Yes, but this is experimentation - which I like - but no Bordeaux has Syrah in it.

But if you read through that, syrah
was indeed added to bordeaux way back in the day.
As a side note, no pinot noir has any syrah added to it today.

See Bell Wine Cellars

It was the 2012.

That’s interesting. I have had several bottles of the Palmer, it is a very nice wine. I would be interested in trying the version with Syrah in it. I can see where they would want to boost the wine in an off year, I doubt that they will change the law in Bordeaux but who knows.

I read through it. Yes, there was a time.
Also, Pinot is a varietal and here in CA you might see it in a blend. But not in Burgundy, if that’s what you meant.