Maryhill Winery Washington Mixed Case

Maryhill Winery Washington Mixed Case
$119.99 $210.00 43% off List Price
2012 Maryhill Winemaker’s Red Blend, Columbia Valley, Washington
2013 Maryhill Winemaker’s White Blend, Columbia Valley, Washington

[winenotes]

Both of these bottles made an appearance at last weekend’s gathering. The tl;dr version: we all figured this would around the $10/bottle price point and will do the job as a daily drinker/party wine.

2013 Maryhill Winemaker’s White, Columbia Valley
Nose is mostly like a white Bordeaux on opening, suggesting the Sauv Blanc and Semillon are dominant. Lots of lemon, mineral, and stone with a few floral hints. The acid was a bit lower than anticipated (and desired by me) but you still got enough interesting mouthfeel from the grapefruit pith. Whether you like the bitterness and astringency of the grapefruit character is a matter of personal preference. I didn’t enjoy it that much - but then again I’ve never liked grapefruit at all. I also did think this wine improved with 1.5 hours of air, all in the fridge.

There was a bit of the white left over the next day, so we quickly polished it off. The grapefruit character had largely faded away, so we all liked it more.

2012 Maryhill Winemaker’s Red, Columbia Valley
Fruity nose, licorice/anise, spices, and somewhat stemmy. I thought it needed air. The finish was similar to the palate, but with additional texture from the oak and vanilla character.

This wine also improved with some air, and also improved even more the next day. Sorry my notes aren’t more detailed for the red.

Overall, these aren’t going to wow you, but they will easily satisfy most people. The fruit isn’t the very ripe rich fruit that one gets on a California wine, but it’s nice to have variety. Drink a bottle with some pasta or take it to a party and enjoy!

Thanks for the notes Klez, it looks like if you were buying wine for an event this might be a nice choice. Or just daily drinkers.

Thank you for sharing your experience Klezman! These wines are easily approachable and pair well with any meal or guest at a party!

Can quality wine be affordable? Absolutely. Maryhill is known for its use of a wide variety of grapes to create truly affordable and approachable wines, which showcase the technique and artistry of the growers who produce them. With affordability and quality in mind, we’d love for you to try our 2012 Winemaker’s Red and 2013 Winemaker’s White.

Thanks for joining us. What do you do at the winery?

Hi! I work as our Marketing Director here at the winery. Happy to help answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for the notes, most appreciated. But is it just me or are the only notes/tastings these days from the same people who happen to make it to “last weeks’s gathering”?

So what is this last week’s gathering and who gets to go? :wink:

Head over to the gatherings tab and get something organized near you.

Yes, this. If there isn’t already something happening by you, then start one yourself and meet some local wooters!